Votes: 116 77.3%
  • IR live

Votes: 88 58.7%
  • In ear Monitors Live

Votes: 31 20.7%
  • In ear monitors studio

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Total voters
The problem I’ve faced using my wedge on stage and direct to FOH is the front row audience complain they don’t hear anything but drums and bass. I never really thought of using a cab for the audience and don’t want lug one around. I went all digital several years ago so I could get away from hauling all that weight around. Thinking about maybe getting another wedge and turning it on the front row, lol! Idk? I’m totally happy using nothing but the axe including IRs for recording, live and rehearsals.

The problem I’ve faced using my wedge on stage and direct to FOH is the front row audience complain they don’t hear anything but drums and bass. I never really thought of using a cab for the audience and don’t want lug one around. I went all digital several years ago so I could get away from hauling all that weight around. Thinking about maybe getting another wedge and turning it on the front row, lol! Idk? I’m totally happy using nothing but the axe including IRs for recording, live and rehearsals.
I experienced the same issue when I first switched to using my Fractal gear live. Now I bring two FRFR speakers and set them up like backline in stereo. One behind me and the other by my bass players rig pointing them out like 1x12 cabs. Problem solved. But yes more gear to bring. But they are only 38 lbs. each.

There should be another category. BOTH!! I am using the stock IR's for FOH and real cab on stage.Best of both worlds.

Haha, if I voted, I'd tick everything...
Here's what I'm doing:
When rehearsing or playing live, i use a real cab for feel, and also in-ear monitors, that play Axe FX direct output with IR's....

Back
Top Bottom