Poll: who is rocking a tablet?

Who has a tablet, and what kind?

• Total voters
I'm thinking of launching a winner-take-all coding contest for the first coder to deliver a fixed/running version of the Lemur Axe-Fx editor that includes latest firmware add-ons.

This poll shows 67 iPad users and counting. If at least 40 of us contribute at least $10 toward tablet development, and if others pitch in for the cause, I'm thinking there could be at least a $500 prize for the winning coder.

This could be the start of a dedicated Axe-Fx tablet editor. We can work together to arrange how to cover ongoing development. I'm sure it's possible to have a sub-forum for Axe-Fx Tablet Editors and a home for threads/stickies on the iPad Lemur Axe-Fx editor and development (LemAxe-Edit?)

Thoughts?

I'm a programmer (mainly C#/Java/C++) and I'd be willing to throw any extra brain cycles into programming an iPad-based editor. I've been looking for an interesting project to do some "fun programming". :)

Couple of questions...

1. Is Lemur similar to AxePad? That one looked promising but I don't think the developer has been keeping it up.
2. Is the communications protocol for the AxeFX documented somewhere? I poked around a few times and never had any luck so I figured it was proprietary.

I'm a programmer (mainly C#/Java/C++) and I'd be willing to throw any extra brain cycles into programming an iPad-based editor. I've been looking for an interesting project to do some "fun programming". :)

Couple of questions...

1. Is Lemur similar to AxePad? That one looked promising but I don't think the developer has been keeping it up.
2. Is the communications protocol for the AxeFX documented somewhere? I poked around a few times and never had any luck so I figured it was proprietary.
I haven't looked into AxePad so I can't answer to similarities, but both are communicating with same protocol. You can see some of the Lemur axe-fx editor code in my "Calling all coders!" thread. And you can learn about the Dot Notation housekeeping that needs to be done for the editor (working fine on Lemur 4.1.2) to work with Lemur 5.02.

You can download the desktop editor here:
https://liine.net/en/support/lemur
You can download the last working Lemur axe-fx editor template (link is in my sig) and open it with the desktop editor to poke around and view coding. 95% of the coding is already done, and it's a great tool for editing the axe-fx. Impressive work.

The template will load and run great, but only on iPad 6.x and iPad Lemur app 4.1.2 thus the need for coders and poll to gauge iPad user base.

Back
Top Bottom