POLL: What should the next NEW AustinBuddy TonePack be, before 2023 hits?

If we could have just ONE new AustinBuddy TonePack before 2022 ends, which below would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Buddy could release a mystery pack with no explanation of what was included and I would buy it. Even if I don't use anything 100% out of the box, I always learn and take away good usable tones/blocks/FX/layouts from his packs.

So what i am saying is do an Alex Lifeson pack šŸ¤Ŗ
I laughed so hard at this...
I really don't care what buddy decides to put together for us either...just as long as it has a curation of Best Clean Tones with a good amount of Stereo Effects After Amp (Wet Stereo Effects) :cool:

My opinion is there are already an abundance of really good single coil and clean sounds in both Live Gold and Naked Amps to choose from that have been dialed in well. I see no real reason for a new packaging of things he's already done. That's why my vote is for either of the effect pack choices, although a combination of the two would probably be better than just pre or post effects.

re artist presets, tho I voted for FX I'm interested in a Frampton preset with focus on Rotary effect with a driven tone (a la Frampton Comes Alive lead tone).

I know Artist packs are specific, but a tone back with major artist presets would be good. Or even something along the lines of a tone back with presets for certain generations/sounds that have various scenes for that preset. Maybe something like the below where it's not an exact Artist's song per se, but presets that cover many artists of that generation and get you close enough to allow the user to tweak further to a specific Artist if they wanted.

70s rock
80s rock
80s metal
80s hair metal
90s grunge
90s metal
00s rock
00s nu-metal
10s modern metal

My vote would be a cover band pack. A lot of us play in bands that cover everything from country, pop, and classic rock. My guess also is that a lot of us play a Strat/Tele and/or a LP type of guitars. Cover Band Pack, a weekend warriors go to pack, a utility knife that cuts through the mix while giving us the versatility to play a night with 3-6 presets. Seems simple enough?

AB, love your work. Your offerings play and sound fantastic.

The survey results may be statistically confounded by the choices offered. Just a caution, as surveys can be tricky.

The fx-pre and fx-post responses may be considered the same question, as responders may not fully grasp fx order.

Same might be said with the Led Zeppelin option, which can be described as a specific studio-work snap shot of Jimmy Page recordings, which include his fx, amps, speakers, studio mics, studio acoustics, recording engineer prowess and technique, tape machine, post-production, etc.

So the results may actually represent four results:
FX blocks: pre and post fx (and specifically so, for one particular rock guitarist);
Single Coil Heaven;
Cleans; and
Other.

I went with an FX pedalboard blocks library - seems like it would be more useful with all the variety of guitars that we have, pickup configs, cab preferences etc - that an FX library could be easily swapped in and out with all those factors pretty easily. Regardless of what the decision is, I'm sure it will be great!

Iā€™d buy that one for sure! His tones weā€™re ever changing after the 4th studio album, so thatā€™d be a lot to catch up to!
Yeah, would probably need to be split into eras sort of like the Zep pack concept.

Part of the reason I voted for the FX packs is that, even if I am going for a specific sound, I usually end up favoring a fundamental tone that sounds like "me" with effects to match the source material. And I kinda suck at dialing in effects if I am being honest šŸ™ƒ

So basically, where my Loft chorus block at?

I dunno. Maybe blues or blues-rock giants compilation packs? Freddy#Albert#BB King/Mike Bloomfield/Rory Gallagher/Roy Buchanan/Duane Allman/Dicky Betts/yadda yadda packs?

For example, I have been trying for years to duplicate Duane's Statesboro Blues tone on various platforms, be it tube amps or modelers, but I just cannot quite seem to cop it, I get somewhat close but not enough for my satisfaction.

Back
Top Bottom