Poll results of feature requests

JrBean

Recently I posted a poll in a fb user group with over 25k users. I pre-seeded the poll with feature requests and also allowed users to add their own as well as vote for multiple.

The four I started with were:
Tempo added to fc set lists/songs
Metronome block
More amps
More cabs

By far the most requested feature wasn’t axe fx iii related - as the fm9 and fm3 users are waiting for gapless switching.

Here are the results that apply to axe fx iii, in order by number of requests:
  • more amps
  • tempo in set lists (note this was a very close 2nd)
  • a utility to auto level scenes and/or presets
  • metronome block (distant 4th)
Those are so far the top four. Note that there were about 30 options added after the initial four.

Attachments

• IMG_6659.jpeg
    IMG_6659.jpeg
    399.9 KB · Views: 119
The Axe FX III is the arguably the most feature laden multi effects processor in the world with over 300+ amps and people want more amps? What amp tone is NOT in there that you couldn't otherwise dial in with a like kind amp sim?

Last edited:
The Axe FX III is the arguably the most feature laden multi effects processor in the world with over 300+ amps and people want more amps? What amp tone in NOT in their that you couldn't otherwise dial in with a like kind amp sim?
ADA MP-1, Peavey Rockmaster, Peavey Classic, Black Cats, Friedman JEL, Soldano Steve Stevens, Engl Steve Morse, PRS Tremonti, there‘s tons. The more the merrier, just like guitars.

Last edited:
ADA MP-1, Peavey Rockmaster, Black Cats, Friedman JEL, Soldano Steve Stevens, Engl Steve Morse, PRS Tremonti, there‘s tons. The more the merrier, just like guitars.
Humm I guess so... I'll bet with some time one could dial in those sounds with existing sims! If anything FAS will eventually add what they can to the list!

The Axe FX III is the arguably the most feature laden multi effects processor in the world with over 300+ amps and people want more amps? What amp tone in NOT in their that you couldn't otherwise dial in with a like kind amp sim?
Tweed Super, Tweed Bandmaster, Tweed low-powered Twin
'53 Gibson Les Paul (I have one but it needs a little post-storage un-pickling)

“this amp puts the two specific tones I use to create my sound in one head: The sweetness and warmth of a classic Plexi and the more aggressive slant of the master volume amps of the ‘80s
Yeah, in all honesty, everything is a take on a Fender, a Mashall, or a Boogie to a certain extent. So you can probably cover every base just using those three, but its still fun to mess around with other amp models.

“this amp puts the two specific tones I use to create my sound in one head: The sweetness and warmth of a classic Plexi and the more aggressive slant of the master volume amps of the ‘80s
Marshall into EV12L 4x12 gets you real close to the first badlands record.

Yeah, in all honesty, everything is a take on a Fender, a Mashall, or a Boogie to a certain extent. So you can probably cover every base just using those three, but its still fun to mess around with other amp models.

Not these:
Tweed Super, Tweed Bandmaster, Tweed low-powered Twin
'53 Gibson Les Paul (I have one but it needs a little post-storage un-pickling)

Fender's early attempts at Bass and Treble controls were a bit different from anything that followed. The '53 LP is loaded with octal pentode preamp tubes and a funky tremolo circuit that uses an extra 6V6 wired in triode mode to simultaneously drop screen voltage on the cathode biased push pull outputs and raise the cathode voltage....

In this case as far as I can tell once you get past all the marketing lingo, the amp is supposed to be a Plexi and JCM800 style in one head, the Axe FX already achieves that goal with over 20 amp models in each of those categories.

Some amp requests imo are just not very well thought over, that one for example, I don't understand how one can justify the work of modeling an amp for that.

In this case as far as I can tell once you get past all the marketing lingo, the amp is supposed to be a Plexi and JCM800 style in one head, the Axe FX already achieves that goal with over 20 amp models in each of those categories.

Some amp requests imo are just not very well thought over, that one for example, I don't understand how one can justify the work of modeling an amp for that.
I was just naming several amps that are not currently modeled. I didn’t go as far as reviewing the schematics and comparing it to existing models. I personally would like more amps, more effects, more DynaCabs, etc. Not to mention the insane tweaks to existing models. The new Recto, 2203, Orange, and CAE are amazing. That’s the only point I was trying to make.

ADA MP-1, Peavey Rockmaster, Peavey Classic, Black Cats, Friedman JEL, Soldano Steve Stevens, Engl Steve Morse, PRS Tremonti, there‘s tons. The more the merrier, just like guitars.
I’m not generally in the “more amps” camp, but I agree that everyone has at least one they would like to see. +1 on the Peavey Classic 30!

Curious how many responded from the 25k in 18 hours...
This group generally gets 10-15 posts per day. There were 339 votes cast, although there are some people like myself who voted for more than one thing. So the number is low compared to total followers but high for activity in the group. Hope that helps.

Was my Channel Groups and Bypass Groups wish included in the poll?

That's by far my most serious Axe 3 wish, way above more amps, pedals, DynaCabs, all of that. It affects how you can use everything.

It's really clear that no amount of amps or pedals is actually going to scratch everyone's itch for greener grass. This wish expands the ergonomic possibilities hugely. It's a good and powerful wish, even if it's not as seemingly sexy as that Seal Clubber 5000 X Mk 2c.

(I'm not on FB, so you folks will have to do the evangelizing for me over there. At least get it in as an option, of it's not there already.)

Was my Channel Groups and Bypass Groups wish included in the poll?

That's by far my most serious Axe 3 wish, way above more amps, pedals, DynaCabs, all of that. It affects how you can use everything.

It's really clear that no amount of amps or pedals is actually going to scratch everyone's itch for greener grass. This wish expands the ergonomic possibilities hugely. It's a good and powerful wish, even if it's not as seemingly sexy as that Seal Clubber 5000 X Mk 2c.

(I'm not on FB, so you folks will have to do the evangelizing for me over there. At least get it in as an option, of it's not there already.)
The closest I see to that is that there were 4 votes for “opportunity to change cab blocks and amp blocks with one step”

Back
Top Bottom