Poll results of feature requests

Recently I posted a poll in a fb user group with over 25k users. I pre-seeded the poll with feature requests and also allowed users to add their own as well as vote for multiple.

The four I started with were:
Tempo added to fc set lists/songs
Metronome block
More amps
More cabs

By far the most requested feature wasn’t axe fx iii related - as the fm9 and fm3 users are waiting for gapless switching.

Here are the results that apply to axe fx iii, in order by number of requests:
  • more amps
  • tempo in set lists (note this was a very close 2nd)
  • a utility to auto level scenes and/or presets
  • metronome block (distant 4th)
Those are so far the top four. Note that there were about 30 options added after the initial four.
The auto level utility seems like a long shot... does it also auto correct your playing mistakes? ;)

The irony is that I bet if you asked most people how many amps the Axe has in in currently 99% of the people would not know (without checking)

That's a flawed poll if I have ever seen one. Several more niche features vs two highly popular features so the results don't suprise in any way.

I feel like a lot of people are also sleeping on the "more cabs" part because that would do a lot more for the variety of tones than adding more amps to an already massive list.
Which would you say are the two highly popular feature requests?

What is the benefit of the metronome block? Different tempos? Or different volume? If it is for the tempo, one may change this in one of the 4 channels of the "Control" block hidden under the "Controllers" menu.

The auto level utility seems like a long shot... does it also auto correct your playing mistakes? ;)

The irony is that I bet if you asked most people how many amps the Axe has in in currently 99% of the people would not know (without checking)
326 last I checked!

if the preset is a "song" then the metronome would lay the tempo clear even if the drummer is pumped by the audience... 🙃
You can already set tempo per preset. That’s not the issue that requests references. The issue is twofold:

If you use the preset for more than one song in a live setting, the metronome might need to be set to a different tempo per song. Some of us use the same presets for multiple songs using the set list/songs feature. Having the ability to override the tempo of a preset when it is in a song in set lists would be very helpful. It would make multiple similar presets unnecessary and create less redundancy when making changes.

A metronome block would make it easier to use a pedal or switch to turn its volume up and down. Alternatively several favorite tempos could be set by channel, etc.

What is the benefit of the metronome block? Different tempos? Or different volume? If it is for the tempo, one may change this in one of the 4 channels of the "Control" block hidden under the "Controllers" menu.
I will check that out tonight.

Incidentally, if it is for volume, you can also accomplish this if you are only using output 1 for your feed to foh or cab:

Turn metronome down in output 1 and up in output 2 (I believe this is in the controllers menu)
Run an clr from output 2 to input 3.

Add input three to your grid … I do this in a separate row, followed by a volume block using a pedal or control switch to bring the click in and out. Then I run that on the grid to insert right before output 1.

Here We Go Again GIF

The Axe FX III is the arguably the most feature laden multi effects processor in the world with over 300+ amps and people want more amps? What amp tone in NOT in their that you couldn't otherwise dial in with a like kind amp sim?
Cornford RK100 really unique amp.

You can already set tempo per preset. That’s not the issue that requests references. The issue is twofold:

If you use the preset for more than one song in a live setting, the metronome might need to be set to a different tempo per song. Some of us use the same presets for multiple songs using the set list/songs feature. Having the ability to override the tempo of a preset when it is in a song in set lists would be very helpful. It would make multiple similar presets unnecessary and create less redundancy when making changes.

A metronome block would make it easier to use a pedal or switch to turn its volume up and down. Alternatively several favorite tempos could be set by channel, etc.
it's obvious I don't play live to need this feature. the completeness of this device software amazes me every time. just read the wiki on tempo.

As I said over there regarding the "more amps" request, if someone can't get the sound they're after with what's already in the box, there's probably no hope for them in the first place. It seems too many people are fixated on the names of the amp models and not on the sounds that can be produced. I'd rather see the development time go into adding or improving other features, i.e., tempo added to song/set lists or expanded looper functionality.

As I said over there regarding the "more amps" request, if someone can't get the sound they're after with what's already in the box, there's probably no hope for them in the first place. It seems too many people are fixated on the names of the amp models and not on the sounds that can be produced. I'd rather see the development time go into adding or improving other features, i.e., tempo added to song/set lists or expanded looper functionality.
As I've said before, I kinda make most amps sound kinda the same without meaning to anyway. I'm not sure how that happens, and I'm sure it's a character defect, but it seems to be what happens. Kinda.

As I've said before, I kinda make most amps sound kinda the same without meaning to anyway. I'm not sure how that happens, and I'm sure it's a character defect, but it seems to be what happens. Kinda.
I noticed this exact same thing about myself just this week! I guess it boils down to, we know what we like?

I was working on a couple of kitchen sink presets for clean/slappy/crunch/lead, etc.. I based one on a bandmaster (band commander), and the other was based on the mesa lonestar and dual rectifier (Texas Clean / Texas Lead). There are probably some tonal similarities inherent in the Fender vs Mesa, but it is uncanny how closely my ears tuned the sounds, to the point that I had to ask "why even have separate presets?" In the end, the difference for me was that there are some songs my band performs that require squeaky clean cleans (think 60's rock) and others that require more of an edge of breakup sound on the clean side of things (think 70's rock). So, I found a use for both.

I noticed this exact same thing about myself just this week! I guess it boils down to, we know what we like?

I was working on a couple of kitchen sink presets for clean/slappy/crunch/lead, etc.. I based one on a bandmaster (band commander), and the other was based on the mesa lonestar and dual rectifier (Texas Clean / Texas Lead). There are probably some tonal similarities inherent in the Fender vs Mesa, but it is uncanny how closely my ears tuned the sounds, to the point that I had to ask "why even have separate presets?" In the end, the difference for me was that there are some songs my band performs that require squeaky clean cleans (think 60's rock) and others that require more of an edge of breakup sound on the clean side of things (think 70's rock). So, I found a use for both.
#guilty
There are differences, but fairly subtle.

Basically, it comes down to the amp circuitry's ability to get at the sound in my head that I am wanting to hear....

I just want the AXE EDIT program graphics massively upgraded. Axe Edit rocks, but i think its time to have the graphics hugely upgraded. The resolution upgraded. The dials looking more 3D, standing up like real knobs, the drive, amps, cab, blocks having the graphics completely over hauled. Again, axe edit rocks, but i think a lot of users would love for the look of it to be upgraded. NOT changed how it works, its layout, but refined graphically.

The feature set of the Axe Fx III is so rich and complete the only additions I feel I would like are additional Dyna Cabs, for both the modeler itself and for CabLab 4.

Back
Top Bottom