Poll results of feature requests

Tremo-o-verb! Clean Channel especially. Stacking drive pedals in the front of that beast was too good, at least.
Oof, the Tremoverbs clean channel is quite bad. Mesa achieved the decrease in gain by loading down the input instead of removing gain stages. It is notoriously lacking in feel and response BUT it is unique and I could see why someone might like it.

This argument that you can do a model, tweaking what you already have in the unit, is always an answer but it don’t work like that.

If you don’t know the amp, if you don’t own it, you cannot replicate it you know 🤷.

Someone can be hyped to have a… don’t know … a peavey invective for example. So if the guy is not a amp tech, or don’t have good ears or this or that, how will he do it?
I haven't played more than maybe 1/4 of the real amps modeled in Fractal, and many of them like years ago once in a store, or jamming through someone else's rig etc. So if I pick a model, I will likely have nothing more than my experience with a variety of amps to fall back on, or I read the Wiki for ideas how to set it up.

For your Peavey Invective example the first thing would be something like "ok, there's no Peavey Invective model, but is there another Peavey model I could use?" They would then probably end up trying one of the 5150 options and seeing if that gets them to places they like. An Invective is afaik basically a 5150/6505 with a different feature set.

"How do I get a Peavey Invective out of a modeler that doesn't have one?" is probably the wrong question. You probably don't care as much about the Invective amp itself, you care about the sound person X got through said amp on your favorite song, in a YT demo etc.

And also why did we have all these Marshalls and fenders if they are all the same amp with some tweak? So Cliff add a new jcm800 recently… it was useless so?

I think that the amp in the unit are based of what Cliff want, and the most asked. And also the one that have a wiring diagram, and are easy to find etc .
Fractal has an easier time adding more Marshalls, Tube Screamers and whatnot when most of the time they are very similar in circuits to existing ones and they just need to figure out the right values for a variety of components. Compare this to adding something like a Klon, which is much more involved since as a circuit it's different from the others.

Availability, cost, interest in that particular amp and how difficult it is to model are surely big factors. I'd love to see some pics of what Fractal's amp storage looks like atm because it must take a ton of space.

So if you could get all those sounds from an existing amp model, why do you feel you need an amp model that says "this is the model of my favorite amp"?

Is this just a difference in how we look at things? For you the specific amp is more important whereas for me the only thing that matters is the sound I'm getting?
If it really was only about "the sound you're getting, not the name on the amp", then......why are you using Fractal at all?

"You can get that sound with something else", if taken to it's logical conclusion, implies you could get your amp tone from a lesser modeler, if names don't matter and all it's really about is "the sound".

But Fractal's entire market differentiator is being the most accurate amp modeler.

So while I don't need a Tone King Imperial MKII or a Dr. Z Maz 18 MKI in the FM3...

If Fractal can model it better than anyone else (which they pretty much can), then of course I want my favorite real life amps in my FM3.

Nothing personal, but #doNotCare.

Don't even use AxeEdit that much, and when I do, what it looks like doesn't matter to me, like, at all, beyond what makes the UI clear and functional.
right back at ya, #idonotgiveashit. if someone doesn't use it much, most people use it a lot. It was just a suggestion, because many are asking for more amps for some ridiculous reason, most amps sound exactly the same. lol so i suggested working on something other than adding amps

If it really was only about "the sound you're getting, not the name on the amp", then......why are you using Fractal at all?
Because Fractal sounds good? A lot of the effects are top tier, the amp and cab modeling sounds great. To me the amount of amp models doesn't really make that much difference in which modeler I pick. It's always a compromise in the overall package. I wouldn't stop using Fractal if tomorrow they decided "you know, we are going to remove all amp models except the FAS ones." I'd just make those models work for me.

"You can get that sound with something else", if taken to it's logical conclusion, implies you could get your amp tone from a lesser modeler, if names don't matter and all it's really about is "the sound".

But Fractal's entire market differentiator is being the most accurate amp modeler.

So while I don't need a Tone King Imperial MKII or a Dr. Z Maz 18 MKI in the FM3...

If Fractal can model it better than anyone else (which they pretty much can), then of course I want my favorite real life amps in my FM3.
You are talking about a completely different thing here. I'm talking purely about using the models already in the unit and learning to get great results out of them, or to dial them to sound like something that is not in the unit as a named model. But I know I'm in the minority here.

A Tone King Imperial is basically a modded Fender Blackface-meets-Tweed with different speakers, so I would expect that with the right cab sim and the variety of Fender models already in the box, you could get pretty close to those sounds without ever having that specific model.

I just want the AXE EDIT program graphics massively upgraded. Axe Edit rocks, but i think its time to have the graphics hugely upgraded. The resolution upgraded. The dials looking more 3D, standing up like real knobs, the drive, amps, cab, blocks having the graphics completely over hauled. Again, axe edit rocks, but i think a lot of users would love for the look of it to be upgraded. NOT changed how it works, its layout, but refined graphically.
Seeing 3D knobs in Axe-Edit isn't going to make any difference to its functionality. I'd rather see the development time go into something functional, not pretty. And I'm not sure what specific graphics you'd like overhauled, but if you're talking about making them look like pictures of the actual amps and effect boxes, my functionality argument would also be the same.

this is a little niche, but I would love to be able to have the synth block go below F# for synth bass parts. I know you can use a virtual capo in front of the synth block, but it seems to introduce too much latency.

I'm talking purely about using the models already in the unit and learning to get great results out of them
You are baselessly assuming myself and others aren't already doing this.

A Tone King Imperial is basically a modded Fender Blackface-meets-Tweed with different speakers, so I would expect that with the right cab sim and the variety of Fender models already in the box, you could get pretty close to those sounds without ever having that specific model.
I know what the Imperial is.

I also know Cliff modeling it and a corresponding Dynacab is going to be way better than cobbling something together in the unit.

Is this just a difference in how we look at things? For you the specific amp is more important whereas for me the only thing that matters is the sound I'm getting?
You're seeing a dichotomy that isn't there.
You'd have to be pretty self-absorbed to think wanting more amp models means sound matters less than names, or that someone can't dial in what's already there.

Imagine this idea in real life:

"Bought an AC20, eh? What's the matter, don't know how to dial in a Vox?"

People want more amp models because people want more amp models.

i think an amazing addon to axe edit would be an active live tuner, where you can see it running in real time. would have to be big, but you wont need to turn on the tuner to tune your guitar, it will be running in a small graphic all the time. Maybe a thin colored line along the bottom or top etc and has the string letter etc. then you can simply quickly tweak tuning on the fly without turning it on and off. you can also toggle it off if you dont want that function on.

As I said over there regarding the "more amps" request, if someone can't get the sound they're after with what's already in the box, there's probably no hope for them in the first place. It seems too many people are fixated on the names of the amp models and not on the sounds that can be produced. I'd rather see the development time go into adding or improving other features, i.e., tempo added to song/set lists or expanded looper functionality.

I have a challenge for you:

As I said over there regarding the "more amps" request, if someone can't get the sound they're after with what's already in the box, there's probably no hope for them in the first place. It seems too many people are fixated on the names of the amp models and not on the sounds that can be produced. I'd rather see the development time go into adding or improving other features, i.e., tempo added to song/set lists or expanded looper functionality.

I've always wanted the Framus Cobra / Dragon to be added to the Fractal line-up for years.

I'm not counting on it, but I have never tried a preset that was shared that comes close.

Some amps produce a certain sound that just can't be replicated - especially to users that have used those said amps for many years.

I always see comments like "well the Cobra uses this, so take this and then add that and you'll get close" - it never has.

Last edited:
i think an amazing addon to axe edit would be an active live tuner, where you can see it running in real time. would have to be big, but you wont need to turn on the tuner to tune your guitar, it will be running in a small graphic all the time. Maybe a thin colored line along the bottom or top etc and has the string letter etc. then you can simply quickly tweak tuning on the fly without turning it on and off. you can also toggle it off if you dont want that function on.
There's a Tuner button in the editor already...

I've always wanted the Framus Cobra / Dragon to be added to the Fractal line-up for years.

I'm not counting on it, but I have never tried a preset that was shared that comes close.

Some amps produce a certain sound that just can't be replicated - especially to users that have used those said amps for many years.

I always see comments like "well the Cobra uses this, so take this and then add that and you'll get close" - it never has.
The Cobra uses a baxandall tone stack which is not very common , I think 2 or 3 in the Axe use that the VAI amp is 1
The main preamp on the lead channel is heavily SLO based w a cold clip like Soldano/recto

I think so. The big trick is figuring out the speaker. The next big trick is figuring out what parameters to modify. I'm still working on mine but it's getting a lot closer.

What's more interesting is that, over the course of trying to replicate a particular amp, there comes a point where there are so many other great sounding amps that it doesn't really matter. There are a LOT of great sounding amps in the Fractal's amp list.

Back
Top Bottom