Poll: I have put all 327 amps in order. Select your favorites.

1720623222538.png
Poor Cameron CCV 2D, it's the only one with no votes after 249 participants and 3072 votes.

On the flip side, literally every other model is the favorite to at least someone out of those 249.

It will be useful for lots of users!
I think what you did was really cool and not only for the end users but IMO its gold for the company too as they can see patterns and who likes what its solid feedback I think , the good news is lots of the recent amps made the top 10 , the VB brill, 2203 and red /blue Stealth , that's pretty Cool for a product that been out 6 over 6 years , seeing that people are still excited about new models, and that some of the new models are actually surpassing the classics , also the amount of votes was really good for a poll so, its not like 50 random people voted , the batch size was pretty substantial

Never tried the 30W Brilliant until I saw the results of this poll. I was really missing out, amazing model!
The update that includes brilliant came two days after I got my FX3. Perfect timing as my go to tube amps for Voxy or blended box fender tones are a Winfield Dust Devil and Typhoon, and my NightTrain. This Brilliant is a great representation of some of what I get. I feel no need to try to emulate my current tube amp line up. Needless to say I was impressed with the Axe but even more so with the update.

Never tried the 30W Brilliant until I saw the results of this poll. I was really missing out, amazing model!
The Brilliant and the 2203 are new models. They do sound great and I use the brilliant in my U2 preset but it's probably a flavor of the month thing going on. The Stealth models are also new, So...

Funny really. From mid-1996, I added a 1960's grey panel Top Boost AC30 to the Marshall JMP 2203 half-stack I was already using for a relatively busy gigging schedule with a noisy alternative rock band. Both of them on all the time in rooms that were big enough. A couple of years later I managed to land myself an earlier cherry panel non-TB AC30, and used the Brilliant channel in the same guise to even better effect. I had a lot of amps before and after, and foolishly sold the non-TB AC30 too early. The Top Boost's Brilliant channel was just too resonant and sibilant in character really, but the Marshall and Vox combination was pretty awesome with either. The Top Boost AC30 did get used for a lot of other bands over the years, and the Marshall 2203 is still with me as the last tube amp I'll ever sell.

But before I drift off topic too far, does it surprise me that the "sonic nirvana" elements I enjoyed when I was just turning 30 turns out to take positions 1 and 2 in a poll of favourite modelled amps? Well not now, it doesn't, because the models are there, and doing a great job of sounding like my favourite amps. So I am completely unsurprised, in the same way as I was surprised to hear an FOH engineer say he wasn't going to bother putting my amps into the mix back in early 1997. 200ish person venue, and he didn't want me to turn down on stage because it sounded and felt so good out front. So he just mixed the rest of the band to work with what was coming out of my guitar rig on stage. Once in a lifetime, will never expect that to happen again, but it was an amazingly enjoyable experience to flap my own trouser legs in that way. Sounded and felt amazing.

Monumentally good sounding amps, and clearly monumentally well-modelled in the Axe FX. I'd be feeling more inclined to recreate that old rig in the Axe FX III if I needed to play obnoxious, overpowering and occasionally downright offensive guitar nowadays. Maybe I should be actively seeking the opportunity. ;)

Liam

I’m not a user of the « brilliant » but the 2203 clearly deserves its place. The dynamic of this amp it’s just amazing.

No doubt, the 800 2203, 5153S, JP red and Solo 100 are among the top chosen.

This poll made me realize that I should try more amps!

Please contribute if you’re just reading this

I’d love to see other people’s choices 👁️👄👁️

My top 3 (not in order)

Crunch/ Lead

Fryette
CAA 3+ se
Friedman

Clean /edge breakup

Two rock
Vibroverb

Back
Top Bottom