Pole mount for atomic clr wedges

James Cullen

Inspired
I need to mount my CLR for some work in the studio and to try as a small PA
Is the pole mount 35mm diameter. I want to order some stands right now, will these work ?

Millenium BS-2211B MKII Set, Aluminium speaker stand, Solid speaker stand with a maximum Load of 30kg, adjustable to a thomann height of up to 2 meters, length when closed 1.25m, pole diameter 35mm Weight: 2,16 kg. Pack of 2 pcs. including gigbag, Colour Black, Total Weight incl. Bag 4,73 Kg

Thanks guys. CLR not with me right now so can't measure

Cheers
J

I need to mount my CLR for some work in the studio and to try as a small PA
Is the pole mount 35mm diameter. I want to order some stands right now, will these work ?

Millenium BS-2211B MKII Set, Aluminium speaker stand, Solid speaker stand with a maximum Load of 30kg, adjustable to a thomann height of up to 2 meters, length when closed 1.25m, pole diameter 35mm Weight: 2,16 kg. Pack of 2 pcs. including gigbag, Colour Black, Total Weight incl. Bag 4,73 Kg

Thanks guys. CLR not with me right now so can't measure

Cheers
J
This should work. The 35mm dimension is correct.

-TK

This should work. The 35mm dimension is correct.

-TK

Thanks Tom. Appreciate your response

I imagine this is the standard for a pole mount which is why its not explicitly mentioned in the hand-book and spec with the CLR
I've never had to buy them before and did'nt want to get it wrong. Just ordered now from thomann eu at a good price :eagerness:

Thanks again

James

Thanks Tom. Appreciate your response

I imagine this is the standard for a pole mount which is why its not explicitly mentioned in the hand-book and spec with the CLR
I've never had to buy them before and did'nt want to get it wrong. Just ordered now from thomann eu at a good price :eagerness:

Thanks again

James
You're welcome. And your right, this is something that should be in the manual. I'll put it on the list for the next revision. Thanks!

-TK

I have done some research as I am looking to pole mount a pair of CLRs at 45LBS each. A D.J. named Mike Ryan, invented these Gas powered-neutral buoyancy stands and previously sold them through Ultimate as the Ultimate-Support-TS-100B. The Ultimate Co. was sold and they cheapened the Prod so he started his own company
No more pinching your hands or hurting your back before you play. As of 2013, there are 3 different weight versions, F-1, F-2, and F-3 to achieve neutral buoyancy with different weight speakers, improved mechanics so they don't open in the bag or accidentally, new steel alum alloy for lighter weight / strength and bigger brake pads than the Ultimate stand ! HERE IS VIDEO Frankenstand Web Video - YouTube .
He reminds me of Cliff, as he invented it, he constantly upgrades it (UPGRADE VID NEW Frankenstand Overtightening Fix - YouTube ), and you can actually contact him. I just did, he was on his way to a gig, cool guy. Call Mike and speak with him,and tell him I sent you, but remember he works on weekends... 1-619-223-7587... if he doesn't answer use the email info@frankenstand.com

Last edited:
I use a basic Samson PA stand for my monitor -- has been working great ($35)

Samson TS100 Heavy Duty Speaker Stand

sam-ts100_1.jpg

I bought a stand from Ultimate Support, with the main feature being it would set up much shorter than a converted light/speaker stand. It gets down to a touch over a meter, about 42" in non-metric terms, which puts the speaker where I can both hear it and not have it towering into the stage-scape. You'll like the speaker stand approach, it disperses sound nicely. Let us know how your stands turn out.

I had no idea these things existed (I need to get out more often)

Man this is a god send for my back. I need to get a couple for our PA speakers.

Ultimate Support speaker stands. I own them. I use them. I highly recommend them .

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys for all your responses. For now I have gone with the Millenium pair as there a good price. I agree though the Frankenstand stuff with neutral buoyancy looks awesome. It looks killer. Might well look at these in the future.

Good to see all you good folks agreeing for once lol. Bless ya all.

James

Thanks guys for all your responses. For now I have gone with the Millenium pair as there a good price. I agree though the Frankenstand stuff with neutral buoyancy looks awesome. It looks killer. Might well look at these in the future.

Good to see all you good folks agreeing for once lol. Bless ya all.

James

Please make an arrangement with G-66 here in europe covering the Axe and Mission. They could sell a lot of these stands.

All my best
Peter Dupont

Can I just say that following the pasting in of details for the Frankenstand video, I've ordered two from Mike.

He's given me a special price to offset the delivery charge to UK, such that they are cheaper than the only other self-raising stand available in Europe (from Thomann). I'm pretty sure these are better quality, plus having struggled with stands over the years, I can see that his design will work better too.

When they arrive in the next week or so, I will report again. But although it would fit with G66 for them to sell these as well, there's no disadvantage to buying direct from Mike. As many of us brought Axe's to cut down on the gear weight we're carrying, the heaviness of the new CLRs is a factor if you're putting them up on stands - as most people recommend. I've got a PA with heavy two-way cabs, and a buggered up shoulder, so this is important for me.

2 x Frankenstands arrived this afternoon from San Diego via Memphis and Stanstead. There's a song in this.

But Damn!!! The special padded case I ordered is so good that I'd have had another one at least for mike stands...

Actually a very serious, strong piece of gear. I wish I'd had something similar years ago. Im gonna use for 2xEon 15's for the small pa - or side fills for the big one.

2 x Frankenstands arrived this afternoon from San Diego via Memphis and Stanstead. There's a song in this.

But Damn!!! The special padded case I ordered is so good that I'd have had another one at least for mike stands...

Actually a very serious, strong piece of gear. I wish I'd had something similar years ago. Im gonna use for 2xEon 15's for the small pa - or side fills for the big one.
I agree they are a serious piece of gear, as they are very well built. Even the padded 3 handle case is top notch. A clearly superior addition to my arsnel not unlike the Axe and CLR. I have the F1. Which model did you get, the F1 F2 or F3?

I agree they are a serious piece of gear, as they are very well built. Even the padded 3 handle case is top notch. A clearly superior addition to my arsnel not unlike the Axe and CLR. I have the F1. Which model did you get, the F1 F2 or F3?

F1 - as designed by Bernie Ecclestone.

Back
Top Bottom