POD HD500: Control Presets, Scenes and Looper

Great! I've just bought an AXE FX 2 and was planning to sell my HD500 but I'll try first to use it as a MIDI controller. Thanks!

Awesome contribution! Thank you for sharing this. I have a 500X, also a MFC101 mark lll but nice to see people helping others and sharing their hard work.

Reactions: DTS
Hello all,

First of all I d' like to thank DropTheSun for making my life easier, as I use the PodHD500 as a MIDI controller for my Axe 2 XL. His preset saved my life. So, many many thnx. I also used his preset for controlling scenes and eventually figured it out to toggle Scenes 1-4. BUT I ended up using the per patch one because of the scene lights not functioning. Reason is, in a dark stage, lights that point to which sound is on really really help. The Problem is the GAP when switching presets. And by all means congrats to Fractal for making the gap smaller and smaller with the firmware updates. But it's still there. To be honest I don't need the MFC and the Pod works perfectly for me (+it's a backup at your feet-not that I ever had any problems with the axe2) so before I take the plunge and spend all that money just for seamless transition between presets(scenes), I would like anyone that has a solution to getting scene lights working with the AXE 2 + the PodHd500 please contact me.

Needless to say, I am also willing to pay for a preset that does this.

Long post but this is really the only thing missing to make my live rig perfect. So If you have a solution or know somebody that does, please let me know.

Cheers

Rav

Last edited:
I no longer have the pod, but when I did I matched the presets in the axe with the presets in the pod so they had the same type of effects in them and the same patch name. I used the top row off switches for scenes and the pod bypassed the same blocks. it all copied in the pod screen and lights. It was a little hard to get both in cue but once I did it worked pretty well.

I no longer have the pod, but when I did I matched the presets in the axe with the presets in the pod so they had the same type of effects in them and the same patch name. I used the top row off switches for scenes and the pod bypassed the same blocks. it all copied in the pod screen and lights. It was a little hard to get both in cue but once I did it worked pretty well.
Thanx so much for your answer. Any Idea where to start?

I started by making patches in the pod to be as close to the patches in the axe fx(first 64 only) I set up the main effects that are getting changed in the scene to be engaged or bypassed in the pod patches with the top row of switches. I also matched the volume block and wah so the expresion pedal functioned with the toe switch. If I played through the pod its self it was a simulated patch(except for the tone). I also had it so the pod tuner came on and the axe fx tuner at the same time. I ran a spliter and had use of the tuner in the pod even though none of the outputs were connected. It will take a little work but if you are going to use the pod live as a controller it will be worth the effort. If you need it as a backup it will be ready to go, patch names and switches will be exactly the same, just plug it in!

Back
Top Bottom