Plus Distortion Broken? FW19.05

TubeAmpNut

Inspired
Not sure if this is a regression or it's been busted a long time but the Plus Distortions model is so quiet I thought it was passing no sound. I figure around 18db quieter compared to the Rat Distortion model. I've tried changing other models to the 1N270 rectifier (although it makes the other models quieter, The Plus just seems broken).

Anyone else notice this?

Works fine here. It's not a boost. It's a very simple distortion circuit with no output buffer. Typically you need to turn the Output knob up quite a bit.

Just tried, sounds normal to me. Just like the real deal you have to go past noon on the level.

I hadn't really played with that distortion model and my unit is in a rack in the closet (I selected it via AxeEdit). It does sound normal cranking the volume but it startled me at first as I went from a Rat to the Plus at default volume and thought the unit stopped working!

The clipping diodes are at the end of the circuit so output is going to be limited. It sounds just like the one I built years ago with an Ge/Si arrangment.

Back
Top Bottom