Plugins for people who can't sing...

HarrySound

Power User
I can't sing.
I'm looking for a plugin to do those auto tuned ,synth like, slightly robotic sounds. Articulate enough you can hear lyrics.
I have The Mouth by Native Instruments and it's pretty good but it's getting old now and i'm not sure it customisable enough. I do like some of it's presets though which synth up the vocal a bit and make its chord-like.

I tried Vocalsynth 2 by izotope but as I flicked though all the presets I came to the conclusion maybe it wasn't right for what I wanted to do. The effects were so heavy you would be able to hear lyrics.

I tried Vocalsynth 2 by izotope but as I flicked though all the presets I came to the conclusion maybe it wasn't right for what I wanted to do. The effects were so heavy you would be able to hear lyrics.

You can adjust the mix level between dry and wet sound. Besides not going overboard with the effects off course ;)

You can also fine tune how much of "auto tune" you want on the vocals.

I think you should try it out once more. And don't judge by presets alone. Like most presets they are overboard.

Logic's pitch control tools are also pretty good. But as with Melodyne, you need to learn how they operate. BTW I have both but I'm mostly using Logic's built-in tools.

Does Melodyne work with live, real-time vocals? I have been thinking about plugging a mic into my mixer and singing live and wonder if there's something that corrects off-pitch singing in real time.

Does Melodyne work with live, real-time vocals? I have been thinking about plugging a mic into my mixer and singing live and wonder if there's something that corrects off-pitch singing in real time.

i think they have a hardware version, but I know TC has some voice live stuff that is specifically made for this.

Not in my experience.. it's a fix-it-in-the-post tool.. :)
TC has some good pitch-correction devices (and harmonizers) but they [mostly] rely on a guitar/bass/midi feed to identify pitch. Yes, they can work in a specific key without input triggering.

Melodyne is a fantastic tool. I use it a lot. But it is not for live use. Get a dedicated hardware box for that.

And for the OP I don't really associate Melodyne with "... synth like, slightly robotic sounds" or " ... synth up the vocal a bit and make its chord-like".

There the Izotope Vocalsynth really has a upper hand. From complex sounds to more standard vocoder or talkbox-like things.

Back
Top Bottom