Plexi1 ACDC Sample

axel

Power User
A short clip of my work in progress ACDC tone. Comments and suggestions please...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great as-is! Good job! I hope you do share the patch. Are you using a stock cab IR?

Thanks, and yes, I used stock cabs. It was a couple of the 4x12's in stereo, but I'd have to check which ones.

Post the patch when you get a chance!

I will definitely post the patch, but I'd like it to be a little closer before posting. I'm planning on spending some time on it tomorrow. IMO, it still sounds a little too middy/raspy for ACDC, do you guys agree? Once I've got it as good as I can get it, I'll post the original and tweaked patches. Thanks again for the feedback guys.

Best ACDC patch to date. I was just working on one the other night and got frustrated so this is great.

The 'Hells Bells' cover in particular, was pretty much exactly spot on. This patch seems to be closer to the 'Back in Black' era AC/DC tone. The 'Highway to Hell' era AC/DC tone was a lot more agricultural. (NB: I mean theirs, not your patch or your playing! :) )

Excellent work on nailing it. I'll download and play with this preset sometime tomorrow...

Thanks guys, as usual, may not sound that great through headphones (at least not mine), but seems to sound OK on playback, and through my 4x12 cabs.

Back
Top Bottom