Plexi amp on max - is this normal?

Yes, why you do that? If you max those knobs, you will have much more output from the device.
Isn't it your goal?
No, not really. I use that like an additional master volume and adjust as necessary when playing live. I just don't know why the amp is on full as is the db level?

You've put Volume know of the Amp block to 20, so it will clip. In 99% presets I've seen it's 0dB or below.
I hope you will find these videos useful to explain how to use the Volume and do preset leveling properly:

I think they cover the issue you are having in great detail.

Thank you. What would you suggest?
Always leave them at '0' dB, unless you have a specific reason to change them. And use the 'Thru' (default) bypass type on serial blocks (without tails). Effects with 'tails', use 'Mute Fx In'.

The way you have it setup, the signal is being reduce three times after the Amp block.

Some of the block placement order seems wrong? IMHO

Last edited:
It looks like you’re clipping on the output of the 6th block in the third row, and that’s clipping the input to the seventh block.
Afaik there can't really be clipping within a block since everything runs at 32 or 64 bit floating-point, the only place where clipping could happen is at the inputs and outputs.

Obviously if the level of a block is too high it could affect in a negative way how some following blocks behave though

Afaik there can't really be clipping within a block since everything runs at 32 or 64 bit floating-point, the only place where clipping could happen is at the inputs and outputs.

Obviously if the level of a block is too high it could affect in a negative way how some following blocks behave though
Wonder what the red color indicates on those two blocks in the picture he posted (the OP) of the meters page?

Back
Top Bottom