Plexi AMP Match for Axe Std / Ultra - Participate from that beauty!

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
EDIT: PRESET + MATCHED CAB I for AXE GEN 1 as download in the next post from me ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watch out the comparison between the real Deal and a AMP match with Sine Sweep with just a Axe Standard an Ozone EQ Match. How better will that be with the Axe II ?

thread is in german, but there are many embedded Soundcloud A/B comparisons you should understand and give you an idea, what a AMP match with Sine Sweep can do for you!

Fractal Audio Axe-FX II Userthread - Seite 96

For the Axe GEN1 Users: Preset and Matched CAB IR is there waiting for download. Give it a try!

Take a look to the photo of this beautiful looking and sounding tonemonster i put just into my Axe Standard right now ;)

Attachments

• tonematch_HOSS_PLEXI.jpg
    tonematch_HOSS_PLEXI.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
What a great project. Thanks for letting me participate!
Lot's of work but the results even on the old Axe FX are really nice.

Hi morphosis
any chance you could post the preset here i tried registering on that forum but i dont understand the language!!!
Thanks
Ferg

Hi morphosis
any chance you could post the preset here i tried registering on that forum but i dont understand the language!!!
Thanks
Ferg

OK, attached the files and here the comparison in short:

The Original real AMP: 1969 Plexi Clone (with PPIMV for playin at home!) with 4x12 Greenback Cabinet through SM57 Mic

MATCH1: ES 335 -> BRIT 800 Match. AMP Einstellung: Gain 7 | Master 8 | Input L+R

Alternative Setting: ES 335 -> BRIT 800 Match. AMP Einstellung: Gain 6 | Master 7 | Input L [PRESET + CAB IR ALS DOWNLOAD für Axe Gen1]

Attached you`ll find the preset + matched cab IR you have to put in as User Cab in your cab block !

NOTE: While the Match was done, when the Master of the BRIT 800 was on 8, i recommend for better matching the "old" settings in the Amp Block to change the Master from 7 back to eight!

Try to find your Sound for YOUR guitar Only with changing parameters, the real Amp has also:

- Gain
- B / M / T EQ knobs
- Presence

Do NOT USE THE BRIGHT, this changed completely the Sound from the matched original Amp i think! You Can do it all with Gain / Amp EQ / Presence! And, of course, the volume knob on your guitar!

-----------------------------------------------------------

I think i come very close in the ballpark of the classic John Frusciante sound with my Strat (Jamming to the RHCP Blood Sugar Sex Magic album) with following settings in the Amp block:

Gain = 5 (instead of 6)

Bass = 5 (instead of 6)
MID = leave it on 6
Treble = 1.5 (instead of 5)

Presence = 0 (instead of 3)

But correct the wrong Master to the matched 8, NOT 7, like in the preset!!! You`ll here the difference between the second and third soundcloud clip above!

Nice! I'll check that out :)

Jens

Please check it out with notice my recommended changes eg. corrections to the REAL MATCH! (MASTER to 8, see written details above)
I´m looking forward to your comments!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• HOSS Plexi Axe GEN1.syx
    2 KB · Views: 135
  • HOSS Plexi CAB IR Axe GEN1.syx
    8 KB · Views: 120
What a great project. Thanks for letting me participate!
Lot's of work but the results even on the old Axe FX are really nice.

No. THANK YOU! ;) For the ability to play right on through your incredible AMP Monster .... ähhhh .... with my NEW favourite Preset ... ;)

Last edited:
The purpose of the reverb block is to match better the very little bit of room ambience you always capture, if you record through a mic in the room, like the real HOSS Plexi Amp is captured! You can ignore and delete the reverb, no problem. Actual, i just put my reverbs alway in parallel routing, so no volume issues when switch on/off.

The reverbs MIX is on 100%, so you ad reverb in parallel with its level. I put out the tail delay completely and just ad a little bit of the predelay - the early reflections - to simulate the mic in the room from the real deal. Watch out the advanced parameters: tail Delay shoul be hmm -40 to -35db, predelay = odb. Overal Mix with the output level of the reverb block. The effect would be becomes MORE hearable, if you stress the level of the reverb block! Right now its very subtle .... and purposed just for the comparison with the real deal ... nothing else!

Back
Top Bottom