Plex Delay - Shimmer?

shawnfitz1222

Inspired
I tried to build a live preset that I could add shimmer to. Is plex delay the only place to find that effect? I turned off many of the blocks and plex was fine until I tried to add shimmer, then it went over 82% CPU.

Made me miss my strymon. I may have to add the Big Sky back to my live rig. (Prefer to NOT do that...)

I've not been able to use the Shimmer in the Plex Delay block in any preset. It's CPU is too intense unless it's pretty much the only point of the preset. In that same block, the Plex Shift can do a pretty decent shimmer effect, especially by adding Input Diffusion.

For Big Sky sounds, don't overlook all the "cloud" type verbs in the Reverb block.

I use the Plex Shift in the Plex Delay block, really close to the Shimmer verb and uses @ 6% less CPU.

Using 4 delays, set Shift 1 and 3 to 24 and Shift 2 and 4 to 12. Adjust the level and pan for each delay until you get what you're looking for. Don't overlook the Detune parameter (Pitch page), mine are Detune 1 @ -6, Detune 2 @ 7, Detune 3 @ 9 and Detune 4 @ -8.

Crystal echoes in the pitch block can also be used for shimmer, but at higher diffusions it can go over the plex in CPU. If you are going to be dumping it into a giant cave style reverb you can probably get away with lower diffusion though.

Here is one I have been messing with. really only am using the first scene, so nothing too spectacular on the other scenes. Should be plenty to get you started!

Attachments

• Ambient.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom