Plectrum, lets get picky

ChickenPicks 2.2mm. Recently, D'Addario Duralin-Duragrip-X-Hvy 1.5mm
I find them easier to hold, I pick softer now, and more accurate. And somehow easier on the wrist.

Herdims exclusively for me now. They have the grip and feel of the grey Dunlops I used to use, but the dimples go nearer The Edge (see what I did there :) ) for that scrapy clean tone. I like green Tortex too, but they slip too easily in sweaty hands.

Herdim.jpg

Purple Dunlop heavy for me. Used them for years. As long as it’s a heavy gauge pick I can work with it. I don’t like picks that flex.

+1 on Gravity Gold. 003 Big Mini 1.0mm my favorite for a while now. Have several varied Gravity's too. :guitar:
I have some gravity picks sent to me when I bought some nocturne pedals. If I don’t have my Blue Chip at hand the gravity is the next one I grab. They seem a little slicker in my grip but no more than most picks. I just got spoiled by the way the BC sit in my fingers.

I have some gravity picks sent to me when I bought some nocturne pedals. If I don’t have my Blue Chip at hand the gravity is the next one I grab. They seem a little slicker in my grip but no more than most picks. I just got spoiled by the way the BC sit in my fingers.
I got a Gravity with my JHS Notaklon and I have to say it’s pretty nice. Thicker than what I normally play but it has some crazy good control on the attack as a result.

Dunlop Tortex Flow 0.60mm, the orange ones...

I used to use the rounded edge of a normal shaped pick and now I use these on the same edge but they are slightly pointier, perfect for me!

Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3's in 1.38mm for me! Tried almost everything and always come back to them.

Dunlop JP3. I used to used Tortex, around 1.3mm. Bought a variety of picks to try out when I got back into playing. I always wanted to like Jazz 3's, but they always seemed too small (I'm 6'3"). Once I tried the JP's, I don't think I've used anything else unless I've had to.

Really, any pick that isn't floppy is useable, and I'm sure their are others that I would like. But the combination of it being slightly larger than a Jazz 3, textured grip, and a sharp, beveled point scratches a lot of itches for me.

These guys:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...n-petrucci-jazz-iii-1.5mm-guitar-picks-6-pack

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom