Please share your live video

Shepdoggiest

Inspired
As I think this is to show the Axe Fx ii in use professionally, I don't think this video falls into 'recordings', and I'm hoping here where most posts are seen to get more submissions to generate conversation about the details in making this unit work and satisfy a player in a live environment. I can't think of a better way to entice all the lurkers to pull the trigger.

I hope there's a ton to check out - I am looking to see/hear video/audio recordings of working guitarists and your axe fx iii in live performance. Two caveats: 1) must be using amps and cabs - no Axe Fx as fx loop only. 2) rock/hard rock/metal sounds LIVE - no studio recordings. These are the genres I'm looking to hear the resullts from. There are lots of people here who have had a iii for years that play all the time. I want to hear what you do with your rigs out in a room, please - Thanks! Guinea pig - Short clip of me and my Ultra in a big, totally untreated room about a month before I got my iii - https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZq17oVZhQSMxMIru4FAvgo2fKA3DY2PTdSX

Last edited:
Feel free to like and subscribe LOL Sorry, no amps and cabs. That's part of the reason I use Fractal products.

Thanks much for putting this up . First off - Great band! Super vocals on top of great musicianship make s for the best bands. So was the amp I see pointing your direction how you monitor your sound, or do you listen via wedge? Feel free to share details of how you arrived at 'your sound'. Thanks again.

Thanks much for putting this up . First off - Great band! Super vocals on top of great musicianship make s for the best bands. So was the amp I see pointing your direction how you monitor your sound, or do you listen via wedge? Feel free to share details of how you arrived at 'your sound'. Thanks again.
Why thank you! Usually we use IEMs. Didn't happen on this gig and I had the wedges. I never use an amp onstage anymore if I can help it.
Our normal rig is a Presonus 32R out to QSC mains. We do our own ears. Often we send a 2 channel to FOH and mix ourselves. This was us doing an opening spot for "The Long Run" an Eagles tribute band. Any amps onstage are belong to The Long Run. Our other guitar player uses a Helix and the bass player a Geddy Pre from Tech 21. My Axe 3 is in the lower right facing the crowd.

Why thank you! Usually we use IEMs. Didn't happen on this gig and I had the wedges. I never use an amp onstage anymore if I can help it.
Our normal rig is a Presonus 32R out to QSC mains. We do our own ears. <snip>

Hopefully not drifting too far off topic, love your live video @Dickie Fredericks. I don't have a live video to share but...

I've been using a Presonus 32R for a couple of years now, and it really is the best thing ever for me. I bought it as a "Studio One friendly" 32 channel recording interface, but have never used it for that yet. Because it was in my studio, we started using it as a mixer for rehearsals. I then realised if I took my wireless router out on gigs, I could pop the 32R in the rack with my Axe FX III, and mix the whole band from anywhere in the room I wanted with a wireless tablet. And when I say mix: endless routing options, in-line EQ/effects on every channel, some nice high quality parallel effects, as many monitor mixes as we have wedges for a while yet. And then at "recall of a preset", it's back to being the main monitoring nerve centre in the studio.

I bet loads are using them, but you are the first I've noticed calling out by name. I used it to replace a "so-called" 12 channel mixer/amp for gigs, but as with most of those, it only had 8 mic preamps in it, so was not much use if drum mics were needed. 16R or 24R would have done the job, but I'm glad I went for the bigger one while they were still around $1000. They are a lot more now.

Liam

Hopefully not drifting too far off topic, love your live video @Dickie Fredericks. I don't have a live video to share but...

I've been using a Presonus 32R for a couple of years now, and it really is the best thing ever for me. I bought it as a "Studio One friendly" 32 channel recording interface, but have never used it for that yet. Because it was in my studio, we started using it as a mixer for rehearsals. I then realised if I took my wireless router out on gigs, I could pop the 32R in the rack with my Axe FX III, and mix the whole band from anywhere in the room I wanted with a wireless tablet. And when I say mix: endless routing options, in-line EQ/effects on every channel, some nice high quality parallel effects, as many monitor mixes as we have wedges for a while yet. And then at "recall of a preset", it's back to being the main monitoring nerve centre in the studio.

I bet loads are using them, but you are the first I've noticed calling out by name. I used it to replace a "so-called" 12 channel mixer/amp for gigs, but as with most of those, it only had 8 mic preamps in it, so was not much use if drum mics were needed. 16R or 24R would have done the job, but I'm glad I went for the bigger one while they were still around $1000. They are a lot more now.

Liam
I run my ears through AVB and use the Earmix. Game changer.

Super group and tones, friend! Thanks much for sharing.
Thank you.

We were also sub-mixing ourselves at that HOB show (against their initial wishes) as well as many other venues. All of us going direct to our Behringer XR18 mixer. Using our own monitor mixes routed through their monitor mixer, and our stereo Left and Right outputs to the FOH mixer. The sound crew said that they just passed the audio straight through to their speakers with the EQ initially flat and the mains panned left and right. Then tweaked a little for the room during sound check, and left it alone after that.

Attn: allenma,​

What a fantasticly talented group of people to be playing together with...​

Absolutely phenomenal chemistry!​

Thanks for the share!​

Rock-On-Rockers!​

Back
Top Bottom