Please, please no more daily Updates!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet if cliff started a "Public Beta" sign up and that group got every update like normal and those who don't sign up only get updates every 3 months, the people complaining about too many updates would sign up for the Public Beta so they could get every update and not feel left out of the loop!!!

I bet if cliff started a "Public Beta" sign up and that group got every update like normal and those who don't sign up only get updates every 3 months, the people complaining about too many updates would sign up for the Public Beta so they could get every update and not feel left out of the loop!!!

And you can bet that idiot Helldouchebag would be the very first to sign up...

Steve S... you're Steve Stevens? Now that would be funny in so many ways. :)
Steve Stevens has a different handle. He was kind enough to post one of his presets a few years ago.

Back to the original topic, I've been on the firmware merry-go-round since purchasing an Ultra running 5.x. I've been using the II since FW 1.0 or 1.0.1, I don't remember which. Point being, I've done a shit-ton of firmware updates relative to most folks who aren't beta testers.

You know what, after about five years of this ride, I have to admit to a certain upgrade fatigue. My AxeFx is no longer in my primary live rig and my band obligations have stepped up a good bit so I don't fire up the Fractal nearly as often as I did in past years. It might not have had anything to do with recent firmware updates but when I played my AxeFx yesterday after upgrading to 18.11, it didn't sound "right" to me.

I'm not saying it sounded bad but I did have a "Shit, I need to redo some of these presets" moment. That's not a good feeling when I just wanted some play time with my old (Fractal) friend. Given work, family, and those other non-musical things that occupy my time, I think I'll have to continue dialing back my AxeFx upgrade cadence. It's a great tool and I appreciate the constant pursuit of improvement but I'm choosing to get off the merry-go-round for now. It's been a fun ride but I've gotten dizzy lately. :(

Last edited:
BAwhahaha.

Well considering theres a bunch more amps to be G3'd (can't wait for the bass amp and the Power ball) I wouldn't be shocked if we had more incremental upgrades like this. :D thanks Cliff. Master of the Tones.

Last edited:
Why so much hate, I just asked for better Quality Updates?

What's wrong with the quality of the updates? I've been using the Axe for a couple years ago and with only a few exceptions the vast majority of decimal updates only fix minor bugs that the majority of us will never run into. I'm not sure if you've ever done any beta testing before, but it's nearly impossible to catch everything and considering the fact that there are almost no reports of any catastrophic bugs I'd say they're doing a damned good job with the quality releases.

Consider this fix from the new .12 firmware: Fixed switching between Prince Tone and any Recto model causes incorrect Midcontrol behavior.

How would a tester catch that? It would either be by complete luck, or you'd need a tester who's sole job it is to switch between various amps and test all the controls. Yikes.

Anyway, if you find yourself suffering with update fatigue, there was an excellent suggestion back on the first page: Just stick with the very last update before a major release. Or better yet, just read the update notes and ask yourself. Do I *need* any of the improvements & will any of the bugs that have been fixed actually affect me?

As Cliff stated in a post this evening regarding a bug
I've seen Cliff playing us like this about a handful times.
I usually smile and know something will drop within 3 hours :D

Hellraiser said:
Why so much hate, I just asked for better Quality Updates?
Honest advice: try any programming language or web development and you'll notice 70% of what you do will have to be corrected.
So even by the time you know what you're doing, the error rate will still be substantial.
It's amazing there are not hundreds and hundreds of bugs (or at least they are usually not hurting us).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom