Please, please no more daily Updates!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the Axe very much and I'm a User from the first Hour.
But my Wish are, good and well tested, good sounding Updates without Bugs, that make no big changes in my Presets, I just install them and all sounds perfect, just a little bit better than before. :)
Other Companies can do this, wy not FA?
I' m tired of tweaking the whole Sh... after every Update.
Please give us one PERFECT good sounding Update every 3 Months without the need of tweaking all new and I will be happy.

Thanks!
Hellraiser

Sorry but I don't get these posts.

Are you really complaining the fact that we constantly receive free upgrades that keep improving the Axe?
If you're tired of tweaking after every FW release don't update. That's pretty simple.

I don't want to be rude but as I said before I don'g get these kind of complain.

I'm the first of 100 reply-ers who wiil respond like this: "Just update once every 3 months". Problem solved.

+1. Another methodology would be: only update when a Major revision comes and in that case update to the PREVIOUS release's final version. Example: say the 18s go up to 18.15 then 19.0 comes: you update to 18.15 because presumably that was a highly stable final 18 series release prior to a shift and flurry of point releases that follow a major update. Then, when 20 drops, you roll to 19.xx final. In that scenario you are still following development but only adopting highly stable releases whose tonal changes relative to the previous series have been hashed out ad naseum by early adopters.

Bottom line is that the only update that won't affect ANYTHING is the update you don't apply. The point of an update it is to change things. If you don't want to change stuff, don't update.

ludicrous....i haven't had to retweak anything in forever. seriously, what are some of you guys doing in your presets that subtle improvements to the power amp modeling totally throws your presets out of whack? i just call total BS.

like others have said....if you don't like it, don't upgrade.

Don’t update, or just do the major updates!
Changes to the model algorithms can change the sound of your presets and if those changes are better or worse, is a matter of personal preference.
Backup is your friend, let him help you get thru the Axe Evolution.

+1. Another methodology would be: only update when a Major revision comes and in that case update to the PREVIOUS release's final version. Example: say the 18s go up to 18.15 then 19.0 comes: you update to 18.15 because presumably that was a highly stable final 18 series release prior to a shift and flurry of point releases that follow a major update. Then, when 20 drops, you roll to 19.xx final. In that scenario you are still following development but only adopting highly stable releases whose tonal changes relative to the previous series have been hashed out ad naseum by early adopters.

Bottom line is that the only update that won't affect ANYTHING is the update you don't apply. The point of an update it is to change things. If you don't want to change stuff, don't update.
^This.

I love updates! Bring 'em on!

So instead of a simple update to fix a bug taken care of in 24hrs you'd rather wait 3 months and have it included with a more overall update ?

Sorry, that's idiotic.....

Part of the reason many of us own Fractal products is because they listen to customers and fix issues ASAP.

If you want a static product that won't improve year to year why not go play Line6 ?

Furthermore, did it ever occur to people that most of these changes they hear are in their head ? Its always funny how someone is going on and on about how a certain amp model now doesn't sound as good after an update, and yet Cliff then explains that no changes have been made to the amp model in the slightest.

Seriously, I think I could go into some people's studio's the next day, tell them I updated the FW overnight and they'd start saying how they don't like the changes and how different it sounds, and then go "surprise" I didn't touch anything, its the exact same FW as it has been, you just seem to want to find things to complain about....

Or maybe, just maybe, Cliff has this really devious code in the units where it magically changes things on odd numbered days, so then when we come back to your rigs the next day, it sounds different...... would explain a lot

It's pretty remarkable that people whine about too many updates. I'm sure the crybabies would endlessly bitch if there were only updates every 3 months. I for one appreciate the continuous improvements, speedy resolution of issues, and FAS commitment to push their tech forward.

I don't like to update frequently either. So, guess what? I don't. Holy crap, that was difficult.

If you have trouble resisting f/w updates, do yourself a favor: shut off your damn computers, tablets and smartphones so you can't go onto the internet and gear forums; go outside and take a long walk. Enjoy the weather. Go DO SOMETHING...with family, friends, strangers. Repeat this process for many hours each day as your schedule allows.

There, isn't that better? So many people (and children!!) spend too many LEISURE hours per day with their noses buried in a computer screen of some form (or video game) that they don't realize that there is a beautiful, wonderful world going on outside, all around them. F*cksake, give your brain a break and smell the roses.

JMHO, YMMV. ;-)

Yeah, I just tend to wait a while to see if there's a bug-fix release. Once a release has been out there for a while, you know it should be good for mission-critical applications (read: spending most of your music time gigging rather than tweaking).

There's no shame in being slightly behind the curve in terms of firmware releases. Just having an Axe-Fx puts you ahead of the curve anyway... my 2 ¢

To the OP, you're never going to win this argument. The bedroom fanboys out weigh you 100:1.

As I've said when this has come up previously, touring acts are not taking risks by updating constantly.

God you come off like condescending ass in almost every dang post you make....

Just because people enjoy the updates doesn't make them fanboys, and it also doesn't mean they only play in their bedrooms. I gig mine 3-4 nights a week, every week...I update as soon as one drops and haven't had to do a major retweak in ages, AGES. I'm sure that touring acts may not update in the middle of run...but for the sake of consistency when playing every couple of nights, not for fear of messing up their presets.

I'll never buy that someone has to totally retweak their presets due to a minor FW upgrade.

That's ok though, call me a fanboy or whatever you like...I'll keep enjoying the improvements, whether monumental or incremental and leave the lame (and very unnecessary) condescension to you.

Hellraiser - When i woke up this morning i didn't want to be an jackass. You just pushed my jackass button. Don't look a gift hoarse in the mouth. Ever hear that saying? It was created for moments like this. Please just put on your big boy pants and update on your own schedule. And don't ruin it for the rest of the team.

To the OP, you're never going to win this argument. The bedroom fanboys out weigh you 100:1.

As I've said when this has come up previously, touring acts are not taking risks by updating constantly.

Way to reframe something that is really beneficial to everyone and entirely orthogonal to any single person's use model and making into something that is all about you and how awesome you are relative to some other portion of the user community. Bug fixes shouldn't happen and model corrections shouldn't be made because Luke has a gig! Narcissistic much? LOL. :D

Yek called it, this thread is going to be a trainwreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom