Please make the window resizable

vangrieg

Fractal Fanatic
On high res screens, it looks really tiny. I don't know if cursed Java even allows this, but if yes, please make it possible!

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm sorry about that.
There's a post somewhere on the forum about this. Something like "java -XDpiAware=false ...".
The program doesn't allow window resizing.

I also found this post that might help:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30555401/java-disable-dpi-aware-not-working

Let me know if this works for you please (I don't have a very hi-res display to test). If it does I'll try to incorporate it into the installer for Windows.

MFC-Edit windows won't be resizeable any time soon. For historic reasons it will be a rather large undertaking.

Last edited:
I made some changes last night that might help you. The changes are included in Version 6.0 build #3712. From the releasenotes:
Enhancement: Hopefully. Windows platform enhancement only. I have enhanced the MFC-Edit installer to make the windows larger on very high resolution Windows displays. I do not have a high resolution display so I am unable to test it and cannot guarantee that it actually works. I hope it helps those of you with super high resolution displays.

Last edited:
I made some changes last night that might help you. The changes are included in Bersion 6.0 build #3712. From the releasenotes:

Hi, thanks for addressing this! Unfortunately, it didn't help - I guess I don't have a very high res display, it's just 1920x1280.

Hi, thanks for addressing this! Unfortunately, it didn't help - I guess I don't have a very high res display, it's just 1920x1280.
I run two monitors and my resolution is also 1920x1280 and the window size is just fine. Of course, I have 24" monitors. What size is your monitor? Here's a photo of my 24" monitor, with 1920x1280 resolution:
20161119_082934.jpg

I don't consider that very high res. I thought that you meant a 4k monitor or something.

I designed it for 15" and up (think Macbook) and your screen is around 30% smaller than that so I can understand why it might be tiny. I'll see what I can do but I can't promise anything in the short term.

Back
Top Bottom