Please help fix my preset!

tfodor

Inspired
Hey everyone,

I've seen similar threads but I'm on a time crunch. Have been diving into some of the newer reverb and delay functionality and I can't get these presets to switch cleanly between scenes. I've tried the go-to fixes but can't seem to nail it. I would love if anyone could take a stab at it.

For the cab, I used one of the ML sound cabs from Misha's pack, so just throw any mesa in there and that should give the same effect.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0hutbS0ModmelczQVE5cEFEQms/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance!

Hey Chris,

Sorry about the lack of clarity. I'm getting a huge spike in volume when I change between patches. All my blocks per scene are set to Mute Fx in and I tried my best to keep everything at unity output level but I can't seem to eliminate that problem.

shame, that guy never posted pictures or shared the preset. tfodor did! though i'm very busy with a 3 day expo :( i'm sure someone will help though!

It would be easier if Axe-Edit could load presets without being connected to Axe FX. Since it cannot, somebody willing to help needs to be near the unit. In the meanwhile, that thread could help.

Hey everyone,

I've seen similar threads but I'm on a time crunch. Have been diving into some of the newer reverb and delay functionality and I can't get these presets to switch cleanly between scenes. I've tried the go-to fixes but can't seem to nail it. I would love if anyone could take a stab at it.

For the cab, I used one of the ML sound cabs from Misha's pack, so just throw any mesa in there and that should give the same effect.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0hutbS0ModmelczQVE5cEFEQms/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance!
I haven't checked out the preset yet because I'm still at work, but if you have volume consistency problems, remember that merging two parallel rows via shunts doubles the signal volume (equals a 6dB boost). If you enable or disable secondary paths in your preset, then you should compensate for that.

tfodor - I just gave your preset a try and experienced what you were talking about. I went through and turned all of the scene controllers back down to 0%, just to see if that might be part of the problem. The volume levels across the four scenes seemed much better. Controller 2 was set to control the Reverb Mix, and Controller 1 to Reverb Time. You might try just zeroing out all 4 controller 2 scene info, and just leave the controller 1 as is, which I'd expect will likely still help.

I'm not an expert, and don't use these scene controllers very often, so no guarantee this will resolve it, but hope it does. Also, there will always be a bit of a dead air moment when switching between the X/Y states of an amp, but if you already have both amps loaded (2 separate amp blocks), then you can toggle between them with no blip. FYI.

Goood luck.

Lee

you've got effects running in parallel (the multidelay and the delay), which should both have their mix levels set to 100%. you're feeding dry signal through them, which is mixing in with the dry signal going through the main line. if you place a block in parallel with mix at 0% (or a shunt), you're going to increase the dry level by 6db. use input gain, or level to control the level of the delay repeats.

most of the "junk" you're hearing on scene switching is due to the X/Y change in the amp blovk. use two amps instead (remember to set their bypass modes to "mute" if they're in parallel)

also...your chorus is a bit "phasey" sounding. it's mono with a very low depth and rate. if you want "spread" use the stereo version instead

also, your changes to the reverb block are causing problems. use two different blocks instead

Back
Top Bottom