Play with a different preset over a loop

ralphonz

Inspired
Hi everyone,

I just got my axe fx II and It sounds totally awesome!

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious but it doesn't seem possible to record a loop, then change preset and play with a different sound over that loop? Seems like an obvious thing to want to do so someone please prove me wrong!

Thanks

put the looper in both presets (set up exactly the same) and turn global delay spillover on

I have found that if I have a Looper block in preset 1 and I want to use the Looper on preset 3, I have to ensure that I have the Looper block in both presets. If I step through presets, 1 then 2 then 3 then 4, I need to make sure that all presets have the Looper block in them or the Looper will stop working. As most of my Presets are not that complex, I just make sure I setup a Looper block as I like it, save it as a Global block, then import that Global block as the last block on all my presets. Problem solved whether I use the Looper or not with that Preset.

Loopie.

Last edited:
Thanks Simeon, that works just great :)

Have to make sure that the looper is always at the end of the signal chain unless you want it to change.

i'm just about to post a video showing how to use the looper :) i was surprised to find that Spillover doesn't need to be on for the looper to work when switching presets. but of course the presets all have to have a looper with the same settings.

Back
Top Bottom