Pitch shifter question.

Phil

Inspired
I want to create the following effect: when you hit a chord it starts to decent in pitch as if you would use a slide.So I mean that you don't hear the semitone steps.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

I would think you could use the fixed harmony and assign a controller pedal to pitch... Kind of like a reverse Whammy pedal.

I would think you could use the fixed harmony and assign a controller pedal to pitch... Kind of like a reverse Whammy pedal.

Yes I understand this but I don't want to hear the semitone steps but I want it to sound like a slow whammy bar dive.
I'm not sure this is possible.

Thanks for the replies.

Phil.

Yes I understand this but I don't want to hear the semitone steps but I want it to sound like a slow whammy bar dive.
I'm not sure this is possible.

Thanks for the replies.

Phil.
Ummm... Did you try it? Why would you hear steps? I do this (going up instead) and have no issues.

Btw, if you use a switch rather than an expression pedal, you can use the damping parameter to control the speed of the pitch drop and it'll be very smooth. You can also use the same switch to unbypass the block at the same time, so it's not always on.

Btw, if you use a switch rather than an expression pedal, you can use the damping parameter to control the speed of the pitch drop and it'll be very smooth. You can also use the same switch to unbypass the block at the same time, so it's not always on.

I knew there was probably a way to do that. Glad you chimed in!

Yes I tried it but I want the pitch to change very slowly and then you hear the semitone steps.

Phil.

I think my "whammy" just uses fixed harmonizer and not the whammy... But I've never noticed this issue. Then again, I'm not normally doing slow changes. I'll see what I've got and report back later.

Back
Top Bottom