Pitch Block help....

RickTN

Inspired
I'm still learning with this monster machine......so please bear with me if question is dumb.....

Can I use a Pitch Block to simulate de-tuning guitar down a half step?
If so, will it track single notes AND chords a half step lower?
and if so, which pitch block should I use for this?

There is only one pitch block, and it does all those things. See the pitch shifter section of your manual. Section 5.24.

lots of threads about this and i also think there's a preset. fixed pitch type. first in the chain. mix=100%, level of shift 2 = 0, pitch of shifter 1 = -1. adjust tracking and switch between local and global to find the best result for you

Thanks Simeon.....appreciate the all the help and the patch........most things AXE I've understood fairly well but sort of struggled with the pitch shift thing....

There is only one pitch block, and it does all those things. See the pitch shifter section of your manual. Section 5.24.
I really just wanted to know if it is possible. If not, then I didn't want to waste hours trying to make it happen. If it's possible I can probably figure the settings out with just a slight nudge down the correct path. Everything is not crystal clear in the manual.....at least not to me.

I use the 'Pitch' block for this in several presets. I have the 'ADSR' controller attached to the 'Mix' parameter. It very quickly (1 millisecond) turns the 'Mix' to 0% and then back to 100% each time I start a phrase. This lets only the original pick attack signal through and masks the latency. The 'ADSR' resets pretty quickly when the signal drops below the 'Threshold' setting. Not perfect, but once you get the 'Threshold' adjusted for your guitar and playing style it really does help.

Here's an old Axe-Fx ll, mark 1 preset from my backups that has my "drop tune' 'Pitch' block and the 'ADSR' settings for my guitar and playing. Paste the block into your preset and copy the 'ADSR' settings as a starting place.

Attachments

• Moke's Drop Tune Block (Q1.06).syx
    17 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom