Pink Floyd Presets - Gilmour's Digital

accuser

Hello all!

Not sure where to post this, but I figured since I have an FM3 and thats where I would want to use these presets I would post here.

Anyone have any experience with the Gilmour's Digital presets? https://www.gilmoursdigital.com/presets-for-fm3

From youtube videos, they sound really good and on-point.

I am undecided between these and the fremen preset pack.

Sounds pretty good. Looks like he has the Gilmour EMG's in that Strat too

The thing with preset packs is, it's only until you try them that you'll know if they work for you

He is using many things borrowed from this forum. Including my clone of the Alembic Preamp (I did DIY a real one myself). Knowledge that has kindly been shared for free, and he is using to make profit.

They are expensive. I am relieved that I got them very cheap through a collective purchasing, because they do not work for me. And I have EMG too.

Last edited:
I ended up buying the golden years pack at a discount (currently on the site).

I find them quite good for what they are for. They correctly recreate the tones on the albums they represent. I am playing on a start with the ssl-1/5 setup. Similar to what Gilmour was using.

These presets are pretty good. I had to tune one of the scenes as it was peaking cpu, but looking at how it was built I was able to optimize it using channels. Other than that, I would say the stereo effects aren’t emphasized, but again these presets are to mimic the tones on the albums and they do that relatively well for my setup. The presets do seem to use some interesting settings which is helping me learn the modeler.

I don’t know about the pulse presets though - I didn’t purchase those nor do I have the EMG pickups.

He is using many things borrowed from this forum. Including my clone of the Alembic Preamp (I did DIY a real one myself). Knowledge that has kindly been shared for free, and he is using to make profit.

They are expensive. I am relieved that I got them very cheap through a collective purchasing, because they do not work for me. And I have EMG too.
I mean, you could have made profit if you wanted....but you didn't. Capitalism.

I mean, you could have made profit if you wanted....but you didn't. Capitalism.

Capitalism doesn't necessarily involves plagiarism for profit.

He is also using some commercial IRs of Fremen at his presets without his permission. That gives an idea about how his moral compass is adjusted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom