Pick up power amp type and settings

Clive

Experienced
Yesterday, I plugged my AFXII into the return effect loop of my Mesa Mark III blue stripe. Turning sag to zero, I used the AFXII as a preamp with USA IIC+ amp block. The Mark III blue stripe has the same power amp section as the IIC+. After tweaking, the result was fantastic, the set souded like a real IIC+.
This experience was cool in that it shows that the preamp section of the USA IIC+ block was very accurate.
I also tried different preamps in the AFXII and the Mark III...

Now, I'd like to make other experiences but with Axe FX II only. I'd like to have a Mesa Boogie Mark IV preamp section plugged into a Mark IIC+ power amp section. If I use a USA lead amp block (Mark IV) and if I use the exact settings (power tube type...) I can find in the power page of the USA IIC+ block, will I reach my goals ? Do I need to change other settings ? Am I completely wrong ?

Last edited:
Sorry but no. There are many parameters and data that are hidden from the user.

Sorry but no. There are many parameters and data that are hidden from the user.

Hi Cliff and thank you very much for your answer.
So I can't achieve my goal without accessing to these parameters and datas and there's no other solution, that's it ?

probably because it will reveal secrets Cliff doesn't want competitors seeing

Yes you must be right but could this be possible to take the USA lead amp block (Mesa Mark IV) and when you go to the power page it would be cool to have something like a button which allows you to select USA IIC+ ?
In fact nobody needs to have access to the secret settings, I just want to be able to plug one preamp into another power amp section.

I think things are not as simple as that or else it would already be possible to do this.

It would be cool to be able to turn off the preamp section on an amp block. You could then use 2 amp blocks in series, one for preamp and one for power amp, adding more flexibility... like this box needs more flexibility... :)
Still would be a cool feature tho.

Cliff, I searched for other threads talking about using power amp section only but I couldn't find my answer. Do you think this will be something available for users one day or not at all ? Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom