Wish Photos of the Amps and pedals in the edit program

That right there is a darned good point!
Yes I'm same opinion - sometimes using Amplitube or other stuff too and the way Fractal do is more efficient.
Sure it's looking cool and has some kind of psychological effect seeing the amp and hearing the sound too but it is more confusing when dialing in different amps or effects in one session. I sometimes tweak a little here or there and do the same tweak on other presets too. So it would cost more time and possibility of failure, grabing the wrong dial knob is given.

This is a discussion forum. Someone can post a wish, and someone else can discuss why they wouldn’t want it.
Sure, it just started to feel like people were dumping on the guy.

Personally, I feel that for Fractal this may not be practical (hey, that rhymes!). @sprint and @raccoon make good points as to why.

iu

Last edited:
I think that goes totally against the “use your ears, not your eyes” approach of dialing in a tone......

Not to say there is anything wrong with the request, but I think it’s just going against the core philosophy of Fractal.

A phaser that sounds good is good, doesn’t matter if it’s got a picture of an orange box with script writing on it right ?

I get it though... for my Behringer X mixer I’ve got two apps for control. The Behringer app doesn’t work that well but it has the pretty graphics and the 480 reverb had a Lexicon styled look. The other app, Mix Station works way better, but it’s a very utilitarian design with just some faders. Tells you exactly the same info, if anything is easier to adjust, but it doesn’t have a lexicon style graphic so some will think it makes it sound different

Last edited:
Nobody said than the sound is worse or better: simply is the best and we know it. But I think we have the same graphics year after year and is only an idea to improve that area. There are diferent topics mixed here. One is the sound and other is the image. That's all

Nobody said than the sound is worse or better: simply is the best and we know it. But I think we have the same graphics year after year and is only an idea to improve that area. There are diferent topics mixed here. One is the sound and other is the image. That's all

One can never discount the association between visual perception and “sound quality”. We’ve all seen people take a generic pedal circuit, throw it into a stylish enclosure and charge $400 for it and people will claim it’s the best sounding OD pedal they ever played, even though the $30 Chinese clone pedal it actually is had a bunch of reviews saying it sounds like crap.

If it looks better it sounds “better” to many people.

Sure it's looking cool and has some kind of psychological effect seeing the amp and hearing the sound
No doubt - an interesting case of this effect for me is the Amplitube Soldano model. They had the brand licensing for it and it felt cool having the repelica graphic with the "Soldano" name. Sounded good, and felt somehow like I owned an amp I couldn't (wouldn't actually) ever afford. Then they stopped the licensing (or maybe lost it to NeuralDSP), and suddenly I don't enjoy using that model as much and it does not seem to feel/sound as good even though the model itself did not change - just branding on the front changed from the authentic "Soldano" to the usual nickname type thing: "sld100" lol!, guess I am a sucker for that stuff.

Last edited:
No doubt - an interesting case of this effect for me is the Amplitube Soldano model. They had the brand licensing for it and it felt cool having the repelica graphic with the "Soldano" name. Sounded good, and felt somehow like I owned an amp I couldn't (wouldn't actually) ever afford.

View attachment 91709

Then they stopped the licensing (or maybe lost it to NeuralDSP), and suddenly I don't enjoy using that model as much and it does not seem to feel/sound as good even though the model itself did not change - just branding on the front changed from the authentic "Soldano" to the usual nickname type thing: "sld100" lol!, guess I am a sucker for that stuff.

View attachment 91717
Maybe they lost the rights to the completely authentic internals too. Not likely, but maybe.

Maybe they lost the rights to the completely authentic internals too. Not likely, but maybe.
ya, could be as I don't think the "sld100" sounds/feels as good as the "Soldano" branded one did - also I went over to Neural DSP to trial their "Soldano" branded one and it sounds/feels great (for a plugin). Interestingly IK Multimedia stopped their Amplitube "Soldano" amp branding around the same time Neural DSP started theirs.

Back
Top Bottom