Wish Photos of the Amps and pedals in the edit program

RICARH

Inspired
I know is difficult and maybe impossible to do but I like to see my Amp and my pedals when I move the knobs and when I'm playing.The knobs moving inside the photo it would be amazing but only the image of the amp will be enough. It would be a big improvement software againts other brands, maybe put one more window in the blocks.
Is like I can touch this pedals or amps because I can see them more in analog life than in virtual life. As fractal it is the best brand I dare to make this wish

Last edited:
Many modeler products have skeuomorphic interfaces that show stylized versions of the amp without infringing on trademarks/copyrights. However, I think it's safe to say a skeuomorphic interface would not be consistent with the FAS design aesthetic :).

I'm not saying that they put the name of that pedal, but de color,shape,etc... Imagine the knobs of an amp in front of you, moving when you adjust your tone and all the pedals in serial or paralel in your pedal chain in front of that Amp, like in the real life. Is a thing that I miss when I play with virtual rigs and I like with my pedalboard

Something like this
How would they put a display like that into the panel of the FM3 and it be visible and usable from several feet away? I'd recommend scaling your screen shot to the equivalent size of the FM3 display, stand back five feet and see how usable it is.

I agree with @GlennO, it would not be consistent with the FAS design aesthetic. There are other, alternative and pre-existing, wishes for changes that would provide more usable live-performance displays that I think have a much better chance of being implemented.

I don't think it's feasible on the unit. I was thinking of for the Editor. That may be possible.

Hey, it is a wish.
The OP wants to use it when moving the knobs and playing. That sounds like it's the front-panel, not the editor, because few people will connect a laptop to their computer in a live situation.

Besides layouts and shapes, even colors can be trademarked and unauthorized use can get a company in trouble. Fractal, being a small company, working on tight margins, probably isn't interested in spending any extra money researching such things, or paying whatever fees to the owning companies as would be necessary.

Personally, I'd rather they focus on their strengths and not worry about something that's basically eye-candy, it's a very cosmetic item with no real functional improvement. Filling FM3 memory with images that instead could be used for the next way-cool firmware update seems like a bad trade-off. That a computer with disk attached can do it isn't a good comparison because computers can have larger drives and additional memory added.

The OP wants to use it when moving the knobs and playing. That sounds like it's the front-panel, not the editor, because few people will connect a laptop to their computer in a live situation.

Besides layouts and shapes, even colors can be trademarked and unauthorized use can get a company in trouble. Fractal, being a small company, working on tight margins, probably isn't interested in spending any extra money researching such things, or paying whatever fees to the owning companies as would be necessary.

Personally, I'd rather they focus on their strengths and not worry about something that's basically eye-candy, it's a very cosmetic item with no real functional improvement. Filling FM3 memory with images that instead could be used for the next way-cool firmware update seems like a bad trade-off. That a computer with disk attached can do it isn't a good comparison because computers can have larger drives and additional memory added.
Yeah, at first I didn't realize he was meaning on the unit itself. I do think it'd be a cool feature for the editor.

Really doubt there are many trademark issues for the stuff that was posted above. Zoom and others have been doing things like that for years and precedent has been set. When you're using something like an editor to build stuff, it just gives it another feel.

Though I like graphical interfaces looking like real amps/pedals (ie Neural Plugin amp graphics are gorgeous) it's also not something I'd vote for Fractal to spend effort on in place of most other enhancement wishes, but also, there is a problem for me with such interfaces in that each amp/pedal has a different controls layout which makes tweaking various amps in one session less efficient than with a standardized interface since each amp may have a different layout - some very different. A good example is Amplitibe for which I have a full license - many of their amp models are beautifully presented and close to the original even in name as Amplitube has licensed the names for many amps - despite this, I'm always confused by the drastic change in control layouts when switching from tweaking one amp to another

Last edited:
My idea was only in the editor (home computer) not in live. They can put it only in one dedicated window (I don't know the correct word in english), like the authentic window of the block amp (there are less knobs). Is only when you are editing your sounds or recording a song,etc...
I thank you for the answers and remember is only a wish😉😉

...there is a problem for me with such interfaces in that each amp/pedal has a different controls layout which makes tweaking various amps in one session less efficient than with a standardized interface since each amp may have a different layout - some very different.

That right there is a darned good point!

I wish to wish the wish you wish to wish, but if you wish the wish the witch wishes, I won't wish the wish you wish to wish.

Sorry, I have gotten involved a bit because English is not my native language🤭

Last edited:
It's called a "Wish List" for a reason...

iu

Back
Top Bottom