PhilX on Fakebook

I haven‘t seen that video, but I do have huge respect for the musician Phil X is and the amazing tones he always gets. He is probably just new to the Fractal world and needs either more time as mentioned help from Cooper.

it would be amazing if he ever made the switch to Fractal, however I suspect that would be the equivalent ask of getting Joe Bonamassa to switch too. Nothing wrong with that, everyone has their preferred way of playing.

Cheap shots with no attempt at proper explanation, demonstration, or comparison = In this case, I have to agree with his final concluding statement.

Last edited:
The latest musician clickbait is “Which $199 Walmart guitar sounds exactly like a ‘59 Les Paul?” or something like that. Everyone’s doing shootouts hoping to knock the kings and queens off their thrones. It’s not about the tone, technology or cost. It’s about the eyeballs. Content creators need views. They would go broke telling us what we already know.

BOSS Katana and Nextone lines are fantastic modeling amps for a few classic sounds in a grab-and go-combo. In some instances, they may be a better choice than a modeler or a tube amp. They have a place. That shouldn’t be a surprise.

I haven‘t seen that video, but I do have huge respect for the musician Phil X is and the amazing tones he always gets. He is probably just new to the Fractal world and needs either more time as mentioned help from Cooper.

it would be amazing if he ever made the switch to Fractal, however I suspect that would be the equivalent ask of getting Joe Bonamassa to switch too. Nothing wrong with that, everyone has their preferred way of playing.
Bonamassa and probably Phil X surely do have an Axe Fx, or at least tried it.

But they just can't show it as it would kill the myth. Frankly, I couldn't care less.

I honestly wonder if this was recorded April 1st , Phil is a pretty knowledgeable guy and going on about the violence freq was more like a Satchel schtick
I honestly wonder if this was meant as a joke or parody

I remember when he signed with Gibson, someone commented how about PRS and you would have thought someone pissed in his Cheerios.

Why are you discussing this video? You don´t know, which preset he´s playing. You don´t know what he is playing through with his fractal. Maybe he is just right: There is something missing for him. There is only one question important: Do YOU like your fractal sound?

Why are you discussing this video? You don´t know, which preset he´s playing. You don´t know what he is playing through with his fractal. Maybe he is just right: There is something missing for him. There is only one question important: Do YOU like your fractal sound?
Well, if one is somewhat influential given one's talent, and going to raise multiple criticisms of a well regarded product, I'd think one would put some reasonable amount of effort into properly demonstrating and articulating those percieved issues. Without such effort demonstrated, getting "discussed" seems probable.

Last edited:
I honestly wonder if this was recorded April 1st , Phil is a pretty knowledgeable guy and going on about the violence freq was more like a Satchel schtick
I honestly wonder if this was meant as a joke or parody

That would make sense, and could be funny. But he posted it on April 8th. Both on Facebook and TikTok

And this is in line with Leon Todd comments at his latest video "Is the NAMM Show Dying?". Sure! It is cheaper and much more efficient to send gear and gifts to some selected YouTubers than paying to participate at the NAMM show

Last edited:
I love Phil-X and he could be right, but when I hear "It doesn't have dynamics ...", “It’s like a frequency or something”, "violence frequency" sounds like we need to work on how to communicate what you hear or don't hear, because these stuff don't make any sense especially if you are pro guitar player.

That would make sense, and could be funny. But he posted it on April 8th. Both on Facebook and TikTok

And this is in line with Leon Todd comments at his latest video "Is the NAMM Show Dying?". Sure! It is cheaper and much more efficient to send gear and gifts to some selected YouTubers than paying to participate at the NAMM show

Curious, considering BOSS/Roland absence at 2023 show this week.

Back
Top Bottom