Pete Thorn FM3 Demo

Sorry to be such an idiot - two ’thicko’ questions:

1) is it possible to convert these for use in the AFX2 via Fractool?

2) do I need to convert any associated IRs for use in the AFX2, and if so can I Fractool for this purpose?

Thank you for your patience!

Wishing you all the best for weekend.

Gilesy

> is it possible to convert these for use in the AFX2 via Fractool?

You might convert some of the settings but the sound won't be right. Too much has changed. Ditto the AX8.

> do I need to convert any associated IRs for use in the AFX2, and if so can I Fractool for this purpose?

No software handles factory cab data in this way, though you may be able to find the new factory cab you're looking for in one of our Cab Packs.

Cheers Matt, guess I could try by converting the fundamentals then tweak although sounds like I may struggle. Also thanks for clarifying re the IRs

That was some good stuff! Did anyone catch his demo of the Hagerman EF86 pedal? The sound he got running through the Komet Concorde was pure heaven! Is it time for another amp sim yet? I vote for the Komet Concorde!

This is a great idea!

It's easy to overlook just how amazing Pete is - being able to dial in great sounds, use them in a track that is coherent and musical, mix said track really well and play his ass off on camera is a potent package.
Agreed. Pete is awesome and generous with his knowledge and presets.

Kind of like that Leon fella. :)

Video tones were on the bright side, but the presets are very cool. That Studio Clean is really fun to play with. It's super compressed and interesting to play with removing some of the compression then adding back.

Thanks to M@ and FAS for developing the Artist Series and for leading off with Pete's presets. He's a personal favorite of many of us. Downloaded and installing into my III. Can't wait to load these into an FM3 ... soon! :D

Thanks Pete!!! :D 👍

Last edited:
Heya guys! The FM3 is awesome, really fun, pretty easy to find my way around, and sounds just GREAT. These presets were all made within a couple days of me firing it up for the first time. I scrolled through the factory presets til I found something inspiring then I tweaked (sometimes a little, sometimes a lot) until I had what I wanted. Then I cut the part and moved on! Til I had 10! :) Anyways, rock on dudes

Heya guys! The FM3 is awesome, really fun, pretty easy to find my way around, and sounds just GREAT. These presets were all made within a couple days of me firing it up for the first time. I scrolled through the factory presets til I found something inspiring then I tweaked (sometimes a little, sometimes a lot) until I had what I wanted. Then I cut the part and moved on! Til I had 10! :) Anyways, rock on dudes
Everything sounded great. Loved the composition you put together to showcase everything! Well done and thank you!!!!

The first preset I tried was the Metal one and that Intelligent noise gate makes me cringe. It is totally unusable for anything with any gain for me. I switched it to classic and all was good. Am I the only one that hears that terrible sound it makes? Anyway, I enjoyed most of these presets converted to my Axe-FxIII. Thanks.

The first preset I tried was the Metal one and that Intelligent noise gate makes me cringe. It is totally unusable for anything with any gain for me. I switched it to classic and all was good. Am I the only one that hears that terrible sound it makes? Anyway, I enjoyed most of these presets converted to my Axe-FxIII. Thanks.
I haven't had a chance to try them out yet, what kind of sound are you hearing?

Back
Top Bottom