Pete Thorn Delay w Expression Pedal

If you guys haven't already, try taking the master feedback over 100%. Then when you increase the normal feedback parameter up to 100%, you will get a saturation effects similar to a tape drive going nuts (which is one of the delays Pete was showing off).

I tried taking master feedback to 100% and it didn't do what I thought it should. I will admit at the time that I didn't realize that there was also a (regular?) feedback that was only set to 20%. Should I set that to 100% as well? Not sure how Master and (Regular) feedback work together.

I tried taking master feedback to 100% and it didn't do what I thought it should. I will admit at the time that I didn't realize that there was also a (regular?) feedback that was only set to 20%. Should I set that to 100% as well? Not sure how Master and (Regular) feedback work together.

Master set the maximum amount of feedback. For the effect I was talking about you want it slightly over 100%. The regular feedback is a % of the master feedback.
So if you have your master feedback at 110% and you set the regular feedback at 100%, you will get 110% feedback. If you set the regular feedback at 50% you will get 55% feedback.

Thanks for the help with this everybody. I was able to get my delay setup how I wanted and it worked out great this weekend! The keys were running the delay in parallel with mix set to 100% and just a touch of diffusion to soften the trails. I had the expression pedal tied to the input gain. I wasn't able to perfectly match what Pete has going on in his video, but what I did end up with suited me just fine!

I'm a day late and a dollar short... saw the same video and was hoping I could recreate this on the Axe with a dedicated expression pedal

Back
Top Bottom