Pete Thorn - Axe-Fx Ultra, Atomic Active Wedges, Rock Tones

Re: Pete Thorn - Axe-Fx Ultra, Atomic Active Wedges, Rock To

I'm bumping this. The tones on this video footage are good enough that I thought that they deserved to be on page 1 for a bit longer for those people who didn't see/hear this, yet.

C'mon who set up those Mic's Tom?
There is so much bleed from the dry signal of the guitar
that it's ruined!
Shame You didn't take enough precautions to get a great moment in time with such a great player like Pete.
Next time if you want him in the camara shot at least set up some gobos and close mic the cab's for godsakes
Surely this don't help your product any...........
Also get a better recording engineer

By the way I own 2 of your newer passives and they are stellar and light!!!!

jerseybill said:
that it's ruined!
Shame You didn't take enough precautions to get a great moment in time with such a great player like Pete.
Next time if you want him in the camara shot at least set up some gobos and close mic the cab's for godsakes

Ummm... I kind of disagree. The cool thing about how it was recorded was that BECAUSE you can hear the sound of the string noise in the room, it shows you that the overall volume wasn't that loud. It proves that you can get great "cranked tube amp" sounds at low volumes. If you take away the live string sounds from that recording, it sounds like he's got that thing cranked up. Whether or not it was intended that way, the audio on the clip shows loud tube amp sound at low volumes.

browlett said:
jerseybill said:
that it's ruined!

Ummm... I kind of disagree. The cool thing about how it was recorded was that BECAUSE you can hear the sound of the string noise in the room, it shows you that the overall volume wasn't that loud. It proves that you can get great "cranked tube amp" sounds at low volumes. If you take away the live string sounds from that recording, it sounds like he's got that thing cranked up. Whether or not it was intended that way, the audio on the clip shows loud tube amp sound at low volumes.

You totally proved the point I was making
Crank up the power section or was it? (the outputs were clipping and you got string noise hmm.......)
There are people that want to know if they are also gig worthy before they drop the coin on them.

You know if someone other than Tom posted the video I wouldn't have posted, but......

jerseybill said:
There are people that want to know if they are also gig worthy before they drop the coin on them.
And there's no way to make that determination with any clip done under any conditions. There's one and only one way to decide if a product is "gigworthy" for your purposes. (Hint: it doesn't involve youtube.)

Jay Mitchell said:
jerseybill said:
And there's no way to make that determination with any clip done under any conditions. There's one and only one way to decide if a product is "gigworthy" for your purposes. (Hint: it doesn't involve youtube.)

Hint ....... It's not about me
I already know the passives are gig worthy depending wich power amp I chose
The actives well not so sure,Thats why my comments were more directed toward
Tom's oversight(?) Tommy can ya hear me?

confused.jpg

great showcase!

wonderful playing, amazing tone!
If I hadn't already ordered an Ultra, this would have put me over the edge!

Kudos to all involved!

dp

jerseybill said:
Jay Mitchell said:
jerseybill said:

Hint ....... It's not about me
I already know the passives are gig worthy depending wich power amp I chose
The actives well not so sure,Thats why my comments were more directed toward
Tom's oversight(?) Tommy can ya hear me?

As far as I know Lincoln and Dewzzil are giging with them, I haven't seen or heard anything indicating they are not liking them. If your just looking for a demonstration of sheer volume buy it crank it and decide for your self. Their is a Vid of Lincoln playing at NAMM with a pair of Reactors and I believe the Camera and mic position is out of the FOH sound field so all you get is stage volume.

Here ya go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUCbkDHmLdQ

Back
Top Bottom