Periphery Tone!

Tyler Box

Hey guys, looking for a good periphery type tone to use with a cab in room setup. A tight metal tone would work too. I have one currently but I was curious as to what you guys use for modern heavy tones! Thanks for your help in advance!

You'll almost always have to retweak a little no matter what and plus, there are some great tips you can get on the forum for compensating for poweramp and cab setups to help them translate better

I really like the IIC++ and Das Metal for modern metal tones, both work great for down tuned guitars. I don’t really go for a particularly djenty tone though both can do it.

The Savage model is also very tight but it’s a bit over the top for me.

I think bulb used one of the 5150 models, I never really got along with them though.

He wasn't talking about AXE FX but I was at his workshop at sweet water and he said that he always finds himself going back to the 5150 and V30s.

I think bulb used one of the 5150 models, I never really got along with them though.

I also had trouble with this model but recently I've set the B/M/T all to maximum, just for fun. And I finally squeezed some juice out of it. Did you try that?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom