performance mode

gdgross

Experienced
seems cool and useful, but how the heck do I exit it??

Seems like there's no built in return to the master layout?

I never really “got” Performamce mode.
How do people use/configure this as opposed to running through scenes?

If it's the same as the Axe Fx III then it's a way to assign some specific controls of your choosing for easy access from the front panel knobs.

The perform layout is just an example of putting different types of switches on the same layout. It all depends on what you need to accomplish.

Most default layouts separate presets from scenes from channels, etc. perform layout just shows you can mix those up as you need. No one can know what you need so you’ll have to adjust it most likely.

As mentioned, it’s definitely not a “Mode” and you’re not stuck with anything. Names were selected to describe what groups of switches do, but you can wipe them all clean and just build what you want. The names are arbitrary.

Sorry, yes layout lol. still getting used to views, layouts, etc. hah

Now that I'm getting used to it, i think I am going to adjust, but haven't figured out how yet. Imagine it would take a few gigs under normal circumstances, but who know how long these days haha

Thanks guys

He's talking about the Performance Layout. Performance mode, the two performance screens, do not exist on the FM3, yet.

Something I have found very handy is that on the Home screen, knobs D and E display your current view and layout numbers, and turning the knobs cycles through them. So anytime you seem "lost" check those. As I was getting my head around customizing all my layouts with layout links etc that was helpful when testing things. "Oh crap, now I'm on my effects layout and no switch to go back to presets" or whatever. Or I'm just messing around with stuff and decide I want to jump right to MLM - twist that E knob.

And remember, layouts are only about what the 3 footswitches do. It's not a "mode" or sound altering thing. You can reassign them however you like.

Something I have found very handy is that on the Home screen, knobs D and E display your current view and layout numbers, and turning the knobs cycles through them. So anytime you seem "lost" check those. As I was getting my head around customizing all my layouts with layout links etc that was helpful when testing things. "Oh crap, now I'm on my effects layout and no switch to go back to presets" or whatever. Or I'm just messing around with stuff and decide I want to jump right to MLM - twist that E knob.

And remember, layouts are only about what the 3 footswitches do. It's not a "mode" or sound altering thing. You can reassign them however you like.

Ah perfect! that's all i needed just an easy way to get out of it!

No need for me to waste a footswitch assignment then :)

Back
Top Bottom