Perfectly fitting hard/soft case for AX8 (Magma CTRL)

Hi everyone! This is my first post as I will receive my AX8 tommorrow via post - couldn't be more excited!! :)

Just wante to share with you a hardshell case that might be my choice for AX8 transportation. Magma CRTL case seventy-two, which appears to have just perfect measurements and nice amount of padding inside as well.

Before buying this case I wonder what type of snuggly fitting cases are you using? I didn't find (google and forum search) many solid alternatives if I prefer light weight and tight fit. I understand that many of you have external pedals etc., and I might connect mine too so cases that would fit a regular expression pedal on top of AX8 would also be fine.

Sorry if this type of thread does exists (didn't find one).

Hi Delirious_Fin... just bought an AX8 and am looking into a carry case... and just came across this thread. Did you end up getting the Magma CTRL seventy-two? If so, how you getting on with it? Good fit?
Cheers
L

Thanks for this.... so why didn’t you go with the Magma Ctrl seventy-two? It looked perfect - even more-so than the Apache you initially bought. Did the AX8/ Magma dimensions not work after all?
Cheers
L

Thanks for this.... so why didn’t you go with the Magma Ctrl seventy-two? It looked perfect - even more-so than the Apache you initially bought. Did the AX8/ Magma dimensions not work after all?
Cheers
L

Honestly because I didn't know about them haha. (and even still, the Apache case is much cheaper than the Magma bag). I saw that a few people mentioned the Apache in that linked thread so I went that route first, then when I realized I hated not having an extra hand free, I ended up buying the backpack I have now.

lol.... so do you know/ did you ever find out if the Magma bag would have been a good fit for the AX8?
Actually, I should leave you in peace and just check on the website.

Hi Delirious_Fin... just bought an AX8 and am looking into a carry case... and just came across this thread. Did you end up getting the Magma CTRL seventy-two? If so, how you getting on with it? Good fit?
Cheers
L

For me the Magma works beautifully. I have some extra room for some cables. This is not the professional gig option of course, but for quite good protection, lightweight and some room the cables and stuff this is great. Perhaps I should have gotten just a few inches bigger to have a pedal there also. There is room to have cables on top of ax8, plus the stuff is foam so..

One final question... did you add the extra bit of foam inside the bag... or is it really that much of a perfect fit?
Thank you.

There was a dummy filling foam from which I sliced two small bars which you can see on the top and side of the ax8. The inner foam frame is by default, so I did not make that.

Back
Top Bottom