Per preset override / per preset switch

eddysel10

I wanted to change one effect switch for one particular preset in layout 4 - effects. The intention was to assign a delay (see picture: delay 1) to one particular footswitch on my FM9. In stead of make the change per preset switch, I might have changed it globally which was not the intention. Now I see this change (delay 1) for all presets in stead of the original effect of the preset for that particular switch. I have reset the FM9 but continue to have the same issue even after importing the presets again (the original but also the purchased ones).
Can anyone help me with this issue? I want the effect layout to stay in its original way and not with my error of two delay switches.
I have attached a picture to show what I mean.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 8.13.05 PM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 8.13.05 PM.jpeg
    555.2 KB · Views: 12
click the switch you want to override.
click the override dropdown, bottom right where it says override - change it from NONE to one of the numbers
go to the Per Preset button on the top right and change that number to what you want. save.

click the switch you want to override.
click the override dropdown, bottom right where it says override - change it from NONE to one of the numbers
go to the Per Preset button on the top right and change that number to what you want. save.
Thanks for the fast reply.
This does change the switch for only the particular preset. I want to reset the switch globally so the original effect for all the presets is reflected back on the switch.

Thanks for the fast reply.
This does change the switch for only the particular preset. I want to reset the switch globally so the original effect for all the presets is reflected back on the switch.
Change the switch settings without pressing override, the same screen you have in the screen shot.

Change the switch settings without pressing override, the same screen you have in the screen shot.
The 2 delay switches should have been only for this preset. So I use the per preset override only for this preset. For all other presets in the unit I do still see delay 1 on switch 3.

1700881502644.png

Go to a preset that doesn’t have an override and change the setting of switch 3 without using an override.
Ok done. But I still don't get the original effect that should be on switch 3. I have tried all 24 pp nrs but they all have an effect or utility effect linked to them. See attached pic.

1700885982554.png

Go to a preset that doesn’t have an override and change the setting of switch 3 without using an override.
This is an original preset from the unit. It seems that all effects on switch 3 has been reset. I want to have the original effect allocated to switch 3, back where it belong.

1700887666987.png

Change the switch function for that switch from Unassigned to what it was before (Chorus 1 bypass I think).

The beauty is it can be whatever you want and more importantly whatever you need.
Yes, this is what makes the FM9 (and other Fractal units) so powerful. I just want to reverse the mistake I have done. The intention was to change the effect on switch 3 for only one preset, but did the mistake of changing it globally.

Back
Top Bottom