Pedaltrain bag foam insert for AX8

PhillyGTR

just got the AX8 and before my first gig I wasn't quite sure how I was going to transport it - just use the box? Put in a road case? I found some foam floor mats I had lying around and cut them into panels, then used a bit of gaff tape to create a little box for the unit to nest in. I also did a small flap that covers the screen and knobs, sorta with the bit of foam I had left over. This is a 10 minute prototype I made before I went to my gig. I kind of like the concept in that I could put this into any kind of bag or case that has room. Anybody have any thoughts how I could make a more substantial version and any improvements to this? Thx!
IMG_0288.JPG IMG_0289.JPG IMG_0291.JPG IMG_0292.JPG

Not sure you need all that foam... I have used a large laptop backpack, and now just a simple metal box from HF

Check out the AX8 case thread...
WORD! that little Harbor Freight case looks like the ticket. Did you modify the inner part of the case at all?
Thx

Not sure you need all that foam... I have used a large laptop backpack, and now just a simple metal box from HF

http://www.harborfreight.com/18-in-x-6-in-x-13-in-black-aluminum-case-62271.html

Check out the AX8 case thread...
Be careful with "aluminum" briefcases that go for $40 or less. The rails and lips are made of aluminum, but the case itself is usually 1/8" particleboard with textured plastic stuck on top to make it look like machined aluminum. They're not as rugged as they look. I found out the hard way when one of the rubber feet (attached to the case floor instead of the rail) drove a hole through the case when it got set down too hard.

The foam they use is usually pretty good, though.

Back
Top Bottom