Pedalboards for the MFC ? what is the smallest/best

jazzgtrl4

Experienced
Hi what are you guys using for the MFC and two exp pedals. Id like it to be as small as possible and tight around the mfc if possible. thanks

Here's one Don Grosh built to fit into the lower half of his ultra road case which I'm trying to replicate for myself. Dimensions are roughly 14" x 26" depending on which expression pedals you're using.

photo1.JPGphoto2.JPG

Here's one Don Grosh built to fit into the lower half of his ultra road case which I'm trying to replicate for myself. Dimensions are roughly 14" x 26" depending on which expression pedals you're using.

View attachment 13576View attachment 13577

cool, thanks ya, thats the idea id even like it to be smaller. Your right i might have to go so far as having it made. If i have to unplug the expression pedals from that back thats ok. I dont need them to be plugged it to make the lid close.

The medium Pedal Train also fits really well -- I have that in the bagged version. I have a Mission pedal on either side of the MFC.

I must say, though, that I'd forgotten how light an MFC actually was until I picked one up at Axe-Fest. The Pedal Train board is really solid.

TT

I bought a 16" wide X 48" shelf from Lowe's. It's unfinished on one edge. Then bought 5/8" aluminum U channel at Ace hardware. Cut the shelf to 29" long. Cut 45 deg angles in the aluminum U channel and secured to the edge of the shelf with number 6 X 3/4" screws. Also attached 4" long chrome handles on the ends. Looks like the FlatTrash board by Trailer Trash for a fraction of the cost and a couple of hours of my time.

FlatTrash Boards | Trailer Trash Pedal Boards: Custom Pedalboards

Still waiting for my custom length cables for my Mission EP and SP pedals to finish it up. Using 3M Dual Lock to secure the MFC-101 and pedals.

The medium Pedal Train also fits really well -- I have that in the bagged version. I have a Mission pedal on either side of the MFC.

I must say, though, that I'd forgotten how light an MFC actually was until I picked one up at Axe-Fest. The Pedal Train board is really solid.

TT
I use the Pedaltrain Pro, which is larger, but I wanted some room for my pedals so I wouldn't hit something by mistake. Tommy's right, the medium looks like it just fits perfectly.

I just starting carving up a piece of plexiglass from home depot. Light for sure, I think it's firm enough(thickest they had). Just keep changin my mind on it's use. My plan was to cut holes for the pedals feet to sit in and velcro the bottom to the plastic. Beats having them bounce around a gig bag. But then I started thinking about just putting everything on there. Probably goof with that idea for a week or two. I've done the slab of plywood route before. It works. Seems like you could light up the plexiglass if you wanted to. Probably add some rubber feet to the front to give just a slight angle and allow for less slippage-and a security tie-wrap/velcro strap. Dunno, work in progress.

Here's mine.... Closes without unplugging anything also very snug which I wanted.

9f8f7b4e7b03401a93eb58cc52c75b17.jpg

Here's the site where I got it from.
1/4 Inch Effects Pedal Board Cases Factory Seconds 28 Inch

Thanks all for the info.

hmm im wondering about this too..i mean at least if it protects the MFC and some pedals, probably not road worthy but....

looks like this size?
CNB PDC-410D BK Pedal Case-Medium - RondoMusic.com

Yeah, I have had a couple of these over the years. They are definitely not road worthy. But if you just play occasionally they will work. They usually last about six months. I have a really good no named one now, but I wished I had a bigger one.

Back
Top Bottom