Pedalboard/Controller Completed

MKeditor

Experienced
MK_pedalboard2.jpg

Thanks to all who contributed to bringing all this together.

Enjoy!

Looks good, MK !!! Similar patch and effect layout to my own :)

I hope that cable to the Boss pedal isn't too tight - looks like you could play a low E on that sucker!

Does the tuner work when using only 1 midi cable? I was always under the impression you needed 2.

:shock:
That looks clean and powerful.
Would be one of my prefered solutions.
Will have to deal with cheaper solutions though. :?

Enjoy it! :mrgreen:

Micha

What model pedal board are you using. This is the same setup I am planning on doing with mine, except I have 2 Mission pedals.

Thanks

Mine is custom. It is based on Mike's "Pedalhead" board. It is just two inches longer. So, the pedal area is 31 X 14 X 5. I am really happy with it. I discovered an added benefit. I place it first on the cart. It makes a more stable platform to stack my FBTs during load in and out.

The one thing that I would do different...is the Mission pedal. It has these rubber feet that prevent the velcro from attaching, so I removed them. The screw that hold the bottom plate on goes through the feet. Without the feet, they are a just little too long. I even broke the head off of one of the screws...I wasn't even tightening it that hard. And for all my effort....the dang screw heads are just high enough to not let the velco get a good grab. My Boss pedal has two rubber feet on each end of that pedal that go all the way from side to side. This is a good base to attach the velcro. The Boss mounted very well to the board.

So....plan on attaching something to the Mission pedal ....like a piece of rubber.....then add the velco to that.

MKeditor said:
Mine is custom. It is based on Mike's "Pedalhead" board. It is just two inches longer. So, the pedal area is 31 X 14 X 5. I am really happy with it. I discovered an added benefit. I place it first on the cart. It makes a more stable platform to stack my FBTs during load in and out.

The one thing that I would do different...is the Mission pedal. It has these rubber feet that prevent the velcro from attaching, so I removed them. The screw that hold the bottom plate on goes through the feet. Without the feet, they are a just little too long. I even broke the head off of one of the screws...I wasn't even tightening it that hard. And for all my effort....the dang screw heads are just high enough to not let the velco get a good grab. My Boss pedal has two rubber feet on each end of that pedal that go all the way from side to side. This is a good base to attach the velcro. The Boss mounted very well to the board.

So....plan on attaching something to the Mission pedal ....like a piece of rubber.....then add the velco to that.

I have something like this. Click on "The Pedalboards" and underneath a board click on "Accessories". Scroll down to "Pedal Platform":

http://www.nycpedalboards.com/

Interesting. I didn't see them. I would rather have just a rubber strip to attach the the velco to then the pedal to avoid extra height.

MKeditor said:
Interesting. I didn't see them. I would rather have just a rubber strip to attach the the velco to then the pedal to avoid extra height.

No extra height at all. It just brings the board up to the underneath of the pedal. It has cut outs for the rubber feet to sit. They work really well. I have two of them. I have the largest standard pedal board they have. I have forgot the name... GRRRR...........

browlett said:
Awesome!

Oh, man - I'm just about to pull the trigger on one of these. How much is a Liquid Foot pro, again?

$899. More if you want the blue screen version.

oddb0d said:
MKeditor said:

No extra height at all. It just brings the board up to the underneath of the pedal. It has cut outs for the rubber feet to sit. They work really well. I have two of them. I have the largest standard pedal board they have. I have forgot the name... GRRRR...........

Ahhh...Now I get it. I will look into one. Thanks.

I will happily send out a bag of short screws so you can fix the baseplate without the feet and be able to use the velcro. They'll be in the mail to you next week. Any one else, just ask ;-) J.

lebihanj said:
I will happily send out a bag of short screws so you can fix the baseplate without the feet and be able to use the velcro. They'll be in the mail to you next week. Any one else, just ask ;-) J.

Thank you, James. That is very kind.

Back
Top Bottom