Pedal Board/Flightcase MFC Dimensions???

As I only have one expression pedal in my setup, I ended up getting a Gator Gig Box JR.

The MFC and my boss FV500L fit perfectly in the case - it seems to be strong enough to me, quality seems fine. Cool thing for me is that the lid converts to a stand for 3 guitars! There's also space in the case at the back of the MFC for my wireless transmittor for my Line6 G90, earplugs, pics and my spare KickTags .

So, for me, I have a pedalboard case that's small, fairly light, and a perfectly adequate guitar stand in one small package. Cost me just over £100 last year, which I think is pretty good value for what it is.

I'll post a picture later in the day when I get back to the office.

Hi!

For europeans (well, they ship to the US too but it might be expensive), another great solution is here :
http://www.theflightcasecompany.com/cat ... ard-Cases/

This link is now dead. It appears to have moved here:

Pedal Board Flight Cases from £59.99 - Full flightcase pedalboards for guitar effect pedals

I dont have my MFC yet (soon ? please Mr g66 !!!) but I ordered the GB04 model that should be perfect for the MFC and its future extension board and a pair of Boss FV500.

Now that you probably have it, what do you think of it? I'm looking for a case for my MFC-101 plus two Mission expression pedals.

Anyone got other recommendations for europeans?

Hi!

This link is now dead. It appears to have moved here:

Pedal Board Flight Cases from £59.99 - Full flightcase pedalboards for guitar effect pedals

Now that you probably have it, what do you think of it? I'm looking for a case for my MFC-101 plus two Mission expression pedals.

Anyone got other recommendations for europeans?

The GB02 length seems to be perfect for the MFC + 2 Mission pedals, but it is around 10-12cm too wide. Might not sound too bad, but I decided to sell mine to a friend, and ordered a custom one from nycpedalboards.com instead.

The GB02 length seems to be perfect for the MFC + 2 Mission pedals, but it is around 10-12cm too wide. Might not sound too bad, but I decided to sell mine to a friend, and ordered a custom one from nycpedalboards.com instead.

Hmm, thanks. But, how do you manage to fit an MFC and two Mission pedals in ~52cm? (G02 is W64cm x D38cm x H9cm)

After seeing Toadfish's post, I was looking at the Gator Gig Box (not the JR), which is 750 x 394mm, and thinking "75cm seems to be about right". :)
I never owned (or played with a (!)) pedalboard, so I can easily over- or underestimate :)

What are the dimensions of your custom board?
And, got pictures? :)

Hmm, thanks. But, how do you manage to fit an MFC and two Mission pedals in ~52cm? (G02 is W64cm x D38cm x H9cm)

After seeing Toadfish's post, I was looking at the Gator Gig Box (not the JR), which is 750 x 394mm, and thinking "75cm seems to be about right". :)
I never owned (or played with a (!)) pedalboard, so I can easily over- or underestimate :)

The gig box JR is definitely not big enough for 2 expression pedals, but perfect size for the MFC and 1 pedal. Will post a picture tomorrow - just haven't had time this week.

Cheers,
Sukh

Sorry, I meant the width (W64cm) was fine, but the depth (D38cm) was a bit too much. I haven't received the NYC pedalboard yet, but I will take pictures and upload once I get it and have the time. The dimensions are 30"x11"x4" (I added some width in case I ever want to add a pedal.)

Just ordered a LYT32 from LYT . I will report back how it works. Currently I have an MFC and 2 mission pedals but I am thinking about adding 1 more so they should all fit just right.

A-ah! Thanks. I've ordered the Gator Gig Box (original, not JR). We'll see if the extra depth works for me.

And now that I've got it, I'm sending it back... It doesn't have enough internal height for the MFC-101. Even with the protective foam out, the built-in guitar stand crushes into MFC's switches.

I wonder if there's a difference to the Jr or the TSA version... The one I got here is the non-TSA version:

Gator Cases is the manufacturer of musical instrument and audio visual cases - 4 Guitar Stand & Pedal Board Gig Box (G-GIG-BOX)

TSA version:

Gator Cases is the manufacturer of musical instrument and audio visual cases - 4 Guitar Stand & Pedal Board Gig Box (G-GIG-BOX-TSA)

Maybe that's what makes a difference. All (Jr, non-Jr, TSA, non-TSA) are listed with interior height 3.50" though...

Toadfish, does the MFC-101 fit in your case without this problem? Do you know if this is a TSA vs non-TSA issue perhaps?

Last edited:
Toadfish, does the MFC-101 fit in your case without this problem? Do you know if this is a TSA vs non-TSA issue perhaps?

Hi mate,

I had to remove the foam that came with the case, but it fits absolutely fine without that. I just put a towel over the board when I close the lid (even though the built in stand doesn't touch the MFC).

Btw - the feet on my MFC have been removed.

I really will take a picture and post some dimensions tomorrow!

Last edited:
Well, I have been tryin to figure out what I am gonna do about this problem and have found the solution for me anyways. I have a PT Pro but as you know, If you put the MFC on it it is too tall for the hard case so this is what I did. I flipped the frame over and removed the rubber feet (There rivited so I drilled them out). I put 3 across the rear (on the top side which is now the bottom) and I am making a full width 1 inch riser for the front. This will give it a little angle and it will still fit in the case. It will hold my Banshee Talk Box w/Pwr supply, Mfc-101, Mission SP-1 and a EB VPjr for volume. I even removed the Pedaltrain plaque and will flip it over.

Hi again!

Right, measurements are:

From inside lid of the case against the in-built stand thingy its 3"

The height of the MFC in the case to the top of the highest switch is just over 3", so when you close the lid, there is some light pressure on the switch - but not anything crazy and it doesn't seem to cause any issues. You can see from the side-profile shot that the MFC is just a bit higher than the Boss expression pedal,

When I had a GCP, I left the foam in the lid and it was a tight squeeze down on the board, but still no problems really.

Anyway, after all that I think I'm going to get another case anyway as I'm probably going to get a second expression pedal!

Here are a couple of quick shots to show how it all fits.

MFC1.jpg

MFC2.jpg

Hey, I don't see most of those labels on your site....holding out on us? ;-) I want to order but want to see what else you've got in the works.

Hey, I don't see most of those labels on your site....holding out on us? ;-) I want to order but want to see what else you've got in the works.

Haha! Man, I thought starting out with 6 different themes would be enough - there's just no pleasing some people! :) (just kidding...)

There will ALWAYS be other things in the works my friend, including the prototype 'control set' in the pic above (still tweaking, nearly happy with it). The theme I'm trying out on my board at the moment is a guitar-art theme. The bottom row is just from the standard 'Amp Style' theme. Won't release anything until I'm happy with it though!

I guess I just didn't want to overload the site with different designs and overwhelm people! If u like the guitar-art theme, let me know and I'll sort you out.

The Control Set should be ready shortly.

Thanks, I'll email you from your web contact. Just eyeballing it, looks like you could make the control set with glow tags in the same height/font as the others? That would be nifty :)

Thanks, I'll email you from your web contact. Just eyeballing it, looks like you could make the control set with glow tags in the same height/font as the others? That would be nifty :)

No problem brother - look forward to hearing from you.

As for the glow tags on the control set..... mmmm.! Still not sure about that one (which is partly the delay in getting them out to be honest!) My logic is that why would you want the text glowing / 2 part labels for the control set, as they never change and you always know what they are?.....

So I've tried to do something a little different.... I better shut up before I commit to something I'm not sure I'm going to do yet! ( I could go on and on - anyone that has had any email chat with me will tell you I could talk the hind legs off a donkey given half the chance! Anyway...)

Actually, maybe I should run a poll..... now there's an idea!!

No problem brother - look forward to hearing from you.

As for the glow tags on the control set..... mmmm.! Still not sure about that one (which is partly the delay in getting them out to be honest!) My logic is that why would you want the text glowing / 2 part labels for the control set, as they never change and you always know what they are?.....

So I've tried to do something a little different.... I better shut up before I commit to something I'm not sure I'm going to do yet! ( I could go on and on - anyone that has had any email chat with me will tell you I could talk the hind legs off a donkey given half the chance! Anyway...)

Actually, maybe I should run a poll..... now there's an idea!!

Not a big deal, you're right about not needing to change them etc I just think it would look more uniform. How about printing the whole control label on glow paper, I was just looking at some photo prints that looked pretty cool.

Not a big deal, you're right about not needing to change them etc I just think it would look more uniform. How about printing the whole control label on glow paper, I was just looking at some photo prints that looked pretty cool.

As I say, still working on them - so thanks for your feedback.

As for printing them entirely on the glow-paper - taking that approach was something we tried last year sometime when we were experimenting. The idea at the time was to use an adhesive to make the glow paper infinitely repositionable, but it just didn't work as well as we wanted. The paper is OK for printing images etc on, but does not give you photo-quality results (unlike the Kodak paper we use). We wanted the KickTags to look vibrant and it just doesn't look right if you do it that way. Also you end up with other issues such as flaking ink on the edges of the paper over time etc.

Back
Top Bottom