Pay More to "Jump the Line"?

LostInSpace

Inspired
Remember when the Axe II was released, you could either wait for your turn on the wait list, or pay a higher price and buy it immediately? I wonder why Fractal isn't doing that this time?

I know you're joking, but I'm sure we'll see some come up on eBay at a premium shortly after they begin selling. I don't think the warranty is transferable, though. I'd rather pay Fractal the premium.

He's not joking. The waiting list gave you a $500 discount or you could just buy one from the Fractal store at the full list price if you didn't want to wait, and IF you happened to find them in stock (which was virtually impossible).

They did not do that with the FX8, IIRC.

He's not joking. The waiting list gave you a $500 discount or you could just buy one from the Fractal store at the full list price if you didn't want to wait, and IF you happened to find them in stock (which was virtually impossible).

They did not do that with the FX8, IIRC.

True this.

We no longer do this. It was a by-product of the old online store. There was no way to hide products on the old store so what we did was make the price artificially high (by $500) and then give those whose name came up a $500 discount coupon. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending upon your viewpoint) demand was so high that people were willing to pay $500 over the actual price.

Since the wait list price is $1399, I would assume the list price is $1799 give or take. So it's possible some may be available at list? I just hope FAS has a mountain of these things piled up so everyone doesn't have to wait forever.

Edit: My speculator is running a little slow today :)

We no longer do this. It was a by-product of the old online store. There was no way to hide products on the old store so what we did was make the price artificially high (by $500) and then give those whose name came up a $500 discount coupon. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending upon your viewpoint) demand was so high that people were willing to pay $500 over the actual price.

Any update on the actual time line, Santa? The elves are restless... :)

Back
Top Bottom