Paul Gilbert Airplane Flanger anyone?

mrdavek

I am dying to see if anyone can make a good match to the Ibanez Paul Gilbert Airplane Flanger in "take off" mode.

Anyone willing to try and share? It SOOOO reminds me of the old school Pat Travers-A/DA Flanger I used in the 80's

Thanks!

Dave

That is a really awesome sounding unit. I have been asking for enhanced fx models in the axe for a very long time, started several threads about it, that eventually got moved to wish list. I think the amp modeling has reached a very high level. I would like the fx to equal the modeling in the axe2. There are so many cool fx out there such as the mooger fooger or some Synth stomps like earthquake or octasynth. Also I would love a synth for laying down pads, where it tracks chords and of course the harmonix ravish sitar pedal would be incredible. I myself use the amp sims only for practice with headphones and use it as just an fx unit live to replace my pedal board so to me fx are a #1 priority.

someone did back in the ultra days... was it javajunkie or someone.. dont think it got ported to the II.

I have the old ADA Flanger and the newer Ibanez PaulGilbert AirPlane Flanger :)

Sure would like to see that ported to the AXE-FX. Its an awesome sounding effect.

I'd like to see that as well .... don't think you'll find it for the AXE FX II on google though ...
If you'd clicked the link, you'd have seen that there's a way to restrict google to a specific site. Better than the board search engine, for sure. Try...

Google

Benson: Is your patch the same as GuitarDojo's audio clip? His sound is dead on, but it looks like he never posted his patch

Thanks for your help!

I have noticed that you've uploaded the patch on Axe Change , unfortunately i'm still on FW 8 , is it possible using that on FW 8 ?

and ....by the way ..... let's listen to this Mr Big Green-tinted sixties mind, live in tokyo 1991 - YouTube at the second 0:37 the final note of intro solo ... is it exactly the take off effect ? or is it just a similiar effect but not the same thoug ? Cause i have been wishing this Gilbert's kind of effect for over 10 years , please help me to clarify this matter . thanks for asking
it's not an effect Gilbert's doing here. all he does is slide the tapped note up the fretboard. no need for a Flanger there, just technique.

An electric drill motor near the pick ups. It creates a magnetic field that the pick ups turn into sound. He also has a pick attached to the drill that he uses for speed picking.

Didn't he get his hair caught in that drill one time? EVH also used this effect on the beginning of "Poundcake".

Back
Top Bottom