PATRIOTS WIN!!!!

What I meant by lackadaisical was that the Pats didn't seem to have much of a sense of urgency, they took their time getting to the line, etc. I guess another way of looking at it is that they've been there so many times they were able to take it all in stride.

Best game possible. I said to the wife , "hope that missed field goal doesn't come back to haunt them ". ALMOST.

I originally wanted Atlanta to win , but couldn't help cheering for the Pats during their comeback.

The rules for a tie suck. Coin toss , sudden death ? I think it should be a 2 possession no clock ending , or enough time to allow 2 possessions. Shame for a winner to be determined ; in part , by a coin toss for possession.
Great game none the less.

Actually the rules are sudden death only if you score a touchdown. If you get a field goal the other team gets a possession and then it's sudden death

TB12 is making history.....but Edelman just killed it as well. He's become one of my favorite players this season.

I had no faith and turned off the tube 10 minutes into the 3rd quarter and entirely missed the come back of a lifetime! I should have known...Patriots Year, no doubt (in all ways). Congrats to all Pats fans...no denying it now...one of the greatest Football Teams EVER!!! Maybe one day my Redskins will compete...one can only hope.

I'll tell ya what DID come back to haunt the Falcons... those 3 penalties in a row that let the Pats put points up.

Exactly. It was a relatively penalty free game and those successive penalties kept the offense on the field. I was surprised there weren't more holding penalties by the Patriots, especially in the first half when they were trailing, and kept getting beat by Atlanta's front four.

It was amazing to see how differently, for the better, the protection was in the second half. The halftime was an hour, and even with that rest, the defense couldn't get to Brady the way they did at the beginning. I'm sure the Patriots offensive line were given a lot of "encouragement" to play more solid in the second half. And it worked.

Wow (again)!

Its called playing loose. The same winning strategy can be utilized during musical performance.

I do it all the time. I play terrible on the first 8 songs, and then I finish strong, and erase all the bad memories....leaving my adoring fans to beg for more!!!

Lol

PS - for a long time, I've had only one adoring fan, and my dog Sam is not judgmental when I make mistakes.

During the press conference this morning, Brady specifically stated the 2nd half comeback was because the team regrouped and "played loose".

One of my first successes to battling performance anxiety was not giving a dam what people thought of my playing and then playing loose.
I knew exactly what he meant when he made the statement this morning.

Last edited:
I'm a Broncos fan. We play the patriots every year, usually twice. At the end of the second half, I thought to myself " I hope the falcons don't think that that was enough!".
My team has been on the other end of that before, many times. We get ahead, then get ready for the adjustments, adapt as quickly as possible(even when we are behind). Try and hold on, play for 60 minutes. Pass rush in the fourth quarter is more important than all other three combined. The patriots play sixty minutes. The falcons had some lucky breaks in the first half that gave them more of a lead than they deserved. But, the ball was rolling their way. Happens. But, the comeback had very little to do with luck. The patriots just played their game, and the falcons didn't have anything to stop it.
I thought Jarrett for the falcons played the whole game, and a few others. But, that must have been a tough locker room afterwards....

Back
Top Bottom