PATRIOTS WIN!!!!

I was pissed at the completely lackadaisical way the Pats were playing most of the game...I guess they had a game plan after all. I still can't believe the team I was rooting for won :)

Wasn't so much lackadaisical as it was the Falcons defensive line absolutely manhandling the Pats offensive line. Pats manned up in the second half for one of the most remarkable comebacks of all time. I thought that missed point after was going to come back to haunt them. Amazing ending to what I thought was a fairly boring game for 3/4 of the contest.

The younger, stronger Falcons just dominated the first 3 quarters. Honestly, I think it put the Pats in shock. Heck, they only put those 3 points on the board because of those 3 Falcon penalties.

By the time the Pats finally started catching a rally, the Falcons were WORN OUT and TIRED.

At halftime I was thinking "Well, Atlanta's D must be almost out of gas by now". They were running around like maniacs in the first half and I said to my wife "no way they can sustain that". What some people call lackadaisical I'll call methodical. You could see the game plan was to keep Ryan off the field and wear down the defense. I actually wasn't that surprised that they were able to mount that comeback.

Regardless, it was a heck of a game and Brady was vindicated in a way. History was made today. Tom Brady added another incredible performance to his legacy and solidified his place as probably the greatest to ever play the position.

I agree generally... but I'm also absolutely certain that letting the Falcons go up 21-0 was NOT part of any methodical game plan.
Agreed, the Pats defense were a complete failure in the first half. But that 4th quarter and OT, holy crap.

At halftime I was thinking "Well, Atlanta's D must be almost out of gas by now". They were running around like maniacs in the first half and I said to my wife "no way they can sustain that". What some people call lackadaisical I'll call methodical. You could see the game plan was to keep Ryan off the field and wear down the defense. I actually wasn't that surprised that they were able to mount that comeback.

Regardless, it was a heck of a game and Brady was vindicated in a way. History was made today. Tom Brady added another incredible performance to his legacy and solidified his place as probably the greatest to ever play the position.

Joe Montana to me was the greatest QB until tonight. Tom Brady has just moved up to that position, what an exciting game plan and execution they carried out.

I was just glad that the game was better than the commercials. And while Lady Gaga's music isn't my thing, it was a hell of a show and she was actually singing for at least some of it.

Agreed, the Pats defense were a complete failure in the first half. But that 4th quarter and OT, holy crap.
I disagree! They allowed no points in the first quarter and only allowed two tds in the second. Further the fumble put the falcons in great field position for one of them. To hold the number one scoring defense to that in the first half is really good. The game could have easily been out of hand if they hadnt made the stops they did in the first half.

At the end of regulation, I was thinking, gee that missed extra point is a big deal now.

And it will be hard listening to the gushing at work today. Raider fan here. I have a coworker from Boston.

Best game possible. I said to the wife , "hope that missed field goal doesn't come back to haunt them ". ALMOST.

I originally wanted Atlanta to win , but couldn't help cheering for the Pats during their comeback.

The rules for a tie suck. Coin toss , sudden death ? I think it should be a 2 possession no clock ending , or enough time to allow 2 possessions. Shame for a winner to be determined ; in part , by a coin toss for possession.
Great game none the less.

Best game possible. I said to the wife , "hope that missed field goal doesn't come back to haunt them ". ALMOST.

I originally wanted Atlanta to win , but couldn't help cheering for the Pats during their comeback.

The rules for a tie suck. Coin toss , sudden death ? I think it should be a 2 possession no clock ending , or enough time to allow 2 possessions. Shame for a winner to be determined ; in part , by a coin toss for possession.
Great game none the less.

Sudden death for football overtime sucks in general but for the Super Bowl it's ridiculous. I think they should play a full quarter.

Back
Top Bottom