Passive / Active Acoustic Mic into AXE III

AXBX

How to set up a mic´ed acoustic guitar with the AXE III, no mixer involved. I prefer condensers, but would take the dynamic route either, in case. Plus, I sing into a second mic.
The whole thing should be recorded digitally with the USB interface options

Last edited:
You will want each mic to go through a pre-amp to get a nice signal level into the AXE. I would consider a two-channel pre-amp for convenience, with phantom power if you want to run the condensers. Run a mic into each of the pre-amp channels, and then run each channel into its own input on the AXE. Then you need to decide whether you are going to process either signal at all in the AXE, or just send them out the USB unprocessed to your recorder. At the very least, I would consider using the excellent gates on the AXE Input blocks.

You will want each mic to go through a pre-amp to get a nice signal level into the AXE. I would consider a two-channel pre-amp for convenience, with phantom power if you want to run the condensers. Run a mic into each of the pre-amp channels, and then run each channel into its own input on the AXE. Then you need to decide whether you are going to process either signal at all in the AXE, or just send them out the USB unprocessed to your recorder. At the very least, I would consider using the excellent gates on the AXE Input blocks.
This

Mic preamps are nice, but you can get a usable signal and S/N ratio without one. However, if your mic needs phantom power, you’ll pretty much have to go with an external pre.

Back
Top Bottom