Parameter Elimination

Status
Not open for further replies.
When using bass amp models, I like to use the cut on the Bass parameter to keep a slightly overdriven tone from being low end flubby in the preamp, but then regain the some of that low end loss by adding Depth and Thunk, and I also find the Dynamics/Dynamic Depth to be useful much of the time depending on how I like the amp to react to hard playing. Character paramaters, Voicing, Pick Attack not so much.

just my 2 cents

I use Thunk always when playing with headphones, which I always do.
This is also super great for making the amp break up and behave as if i sat next to the Cab and played really loud! Please don't remove!

I use Dynamics and Pick attack when making amps that are not in the Axe and for playing around!
Dynamics for giving punch to and controll clean sounds and for giving great Dynamics to in between crunch!

I really like the Thunk and Dynamics!

I also use Amp Voicing on some presets... same as Rotti, I like being able to quickly dial something to be a bit more scooped or bright or whatever. It's also a convenient way for me to make a quick change between to a preset I made for headphones and dial it in better for my live (V30) cab, or vice-versa; or to make it sit better in a mix when I'm reamping. If you removed it, I'd miss it, but it's not like it's a deal-breaker...

Other than that, I use Dynamics once in a while, but that's about it.

--> And a big thanks for the heads up and asking for feedback!!!

I use amp voicing usually, but if someone would explain how I can get the various voiced tones without it would be great, most sound like filters put over-top the neutral setting, but I'm not exactly sure the type of filter (I typically like vintage which sounds like a low pass filter to me, but I'm not a tweaker, and my knowledge of 'good' tone is probably very limited). Just my 2 cents.

I also use Amp Voicing. It's a quick and easy way to modify the tone without getting into the more complicated parameters.

I'm sure I could get the same result using other parameters but I'm lazy, what can I say.

Just wondering, from Fractal's point of view, if eliminating these parameters has some benefit i.e. use of memory, etc. or is this just a 'house cleaning' item? Just curious.

Last edited:
I don't use any of these, so have no trouble with them going away.

Is there any CPU savings from eliminating them?

I don't use any of them anymore. I have been using the tube type a lot lately but really could be happy with just the basics and ultra res.

I have used amp voicing, but in my case it's more like an eq preset that I can quickly switch between. I wouldn't call it irreplaceable. I could live without it, but I'm also of the mind that unless it's a detriment to progress, why not just leave it? If it is somehow holding other more useful features back, then it's probably time to go. I don't use it often enough to lose sleep over its removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom