Pantera "Walk" Match EQ For AxeFX II. Patch Included!

yep, it's really good! It's the first clip right? It's a bit sharper and more in your face but it's not just in the ballpark, it's f***ing awesome! (excuse the language, but it's pantera right?)

sounds real good, before I saw the above I would say I liked 2nd clip better, bit more bass but thats easily remedied , THANKS MUCHO, AND GREAT JOB

Thanks guys. I actually spoke to AlbertA, and he just let me know he got an AxeFX II. Looking forward to hear his rendition, I'm sure it'll blow mine away hahaha

Nojyeloot --Dude Kiiiiiller! The 'Walk' pre set crush's! One question; the gate seems to cut some of the high notes off, have you tried backing it down a bit to give it more dynamics? Don't get me wrong, best yet. Shotgun, tried yours and I guess I am just not a fan of the markIIc amp?

Nojyeloot --Dude Kiiiiiller! The 'Walk' pre set crush's! One question; the gate seems to cut some of the high notes off, have you tried backing it down a bit to give it more dynamics? Don't get me wrong, best yet. Shotgun, tried yours and I guess I am just not a fan of the markIIc amp?

Thanks man, glad you guys are liking the patch/IR. :mrgreen

Yes I tweaked the Gate a LOT, actually. After I made the IR, I went back and tweaked the Gate, Gain, Graphic EQ, Drive block, etc... so that the patch was more dynamic and responsive to my playing and my guitar.

The blessing in the thorn, or actually, thorn in the blessing of Match EQ'ing is that it's easy to obtain the similar character of the tone your trying to match, but there's a WHOLE other level of depth that needs to be delved into when trying to get the patch/IR actually fun to play with. I used a Dimebucker on an Ibanez Prestige to create this, BUT, I will have to really tweak the amp settings to play it on my other guitars/pickups. I've had to do this with other people's Match EQ'd patches.

So, what I really should have said in my OP is: Download the patch/IR, but take some time to tweak the Gate, Drive block, and Amp gain/EQ, so that it's responsive to your actual guitar and playing style.

Back
Top Bottom