Panning in a Stereo Cab Block

I'm wondering how you guys use the pan parameter in the stereo cab block. I'm running direct from Out 1 stereo into a Presonus Studiolive with the mixer channels hard panned. I'm using stereo IEM as well.

I enjoy the space created by hard panning in the cab block but I also like the focus and intensity of the speakers when they are more centered.

IM wondering this too. I run them hard panned at gigs running in stereo. Do you put them at say 70% or? was thinking about trying that.

I've been experimenting with +/- 25 for more present sounds and +/- 100 for more ambient sounds. Still trying different levels out.

I like blending different cabs & sometimes amps, so in that scenario I usually always bring them in from hard panned. It depends how different the two tones are on how much to center I bring them. I try & find a sweet spot between imaging & punch. That could also change within the context of a full mix as well with layering etc..

I found there was a great deal more clarity with hard panning if using different IRs. I'm using them with IEMs... Not such a big deal when used with my Xitone wedges.

Back
Top Bottom