Palmer PDI-03 tone match

I just did some tone matches of the output of some of my tube heads using the unaffected signal from a Palmer speaker simulator. Pretty darn good results. This means I taken any mics or speakers out of the tone matching signal chain and just match the raw output from the head itself. Has anyone else tried this?

I just did some tone matches of the output of some of my tube heads using the unaffected signal from a Palmer speaker simulator. Pretty darn good results. This means I taken any mics or speakers out of the tone matching signal chain and just match the raw output from the head itself. Has anyone else tried this?

I did that with my Mesa Maverick's Slave Out. Made more sense to me to tonematch just the amp tone so I could experiment with different cab IRs (including a separate IR capture of the Maverick). Worked pretty well.

That sounds retro-cool! Post them to Axe-Change?
Will do. I have done this with my Mesa rectifier and a bassman. The rectifier made subtle changes but makes the amp cut through the the mix better. The bassman made it much more correct to my ears.Plus now I can use cab IRs into a frfr speaker or disable the cab simulation and use an actual guitar cabinet.

I did that with my Mesa Maverick's Slave Out. Made more sense to me to tonematch just the amp tone so I could experiment with different cab IRs (including a separate IR capture of the Maverick). Worked pretty well.
And now I can use cab IRs into a frfr speaker or disable the cab simulation and use an actual guitar cabinet.

Back
Top Bottom