Palm mute strangness?

Because that's the answer for everything on here:

- My Axe-Fx keeps freezing. - "Have you tried turning the gain down?"

- The Multi-Delay is acting weird. - "Mine was too until I turned the gain down."

- Is the warranty transferable? - "It will be if you use less gain."

- Am I pretty? - "Turn the f#cking gain down!"

:mrgreen

/thread

Thanks for the detailed info cliff I really appreciate it. And anytime you want to release a 6 amp block im cool with that too lol ;)

I've been trying to blend two amps to get my favorite low end and favorite top end amp tones to mix together.
I'm using two amp blocks, but can never get it to sound right. Never though of using the crossover, but it makes perfect sense.
Thanks for the tip!

I have started to use a mixer block and blend the amps that way. Try that also.

To have your palmmutes loud with lower gain you could increase depth and/or dynamic depth and maybe increase some lower bands (125,250,250) of the eq by some db. Lowering gain by some db also shortens the decay time of the high note, a multiband eq could fix that.

I often wonder what six amps, one for each string, would sound like.

Reducing intermodulation distortion was the basis for the Grateful Dead's "Wall Of Sound" PA system.

Each source had a separate amplifier and speaker.

The bass guitar had a pickup for each string and a separate amp and speaker system for each string.

They flew the whole thing overhead which was unheard of at the time. The whole fly rig was FOH and monitors.

Picture:

Grateful Dead and the Wall of Sound

Technical specs:

Grateful Dead Sources: 1974: Wall of Sound Technical Specs

Back
Top Bottom